Introducing myself! Hi

charlie16

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Im Claire been with my husband for 9years and been married for 18mths and we desperately want a baby. I have been on the Depo for about 6years and came off it in Sep. No periods as of yet but lots of strange hormonal symtoms. Decided to just start trying now cant keep stressing about when my periods will return and i have been told by my doctor that i could stil get pregnant.
Just wanted to say hi! Has anyone else been on the depo? If so how long did it take you to get everything back to normal and has anybody conceived after the depo?
Also i know im probably being thick but can anyone help me out with the common abbreviations you all use? I can guess some but others have got me thinking! Ha Ha!

Anyway nice to be on here!
Thanks.

Claire xxx

hello.... :wave:

i was on the depo for many moons, my AF (aunt flow-period) came back pretty soon after.. within a few months and they have been around 28 days ever since. Came off it 3 years ago expecting that when we moved in together we would try. so here i am... been trying since sept.

have a mooch around some posts and get the feel of the place. its very welcoming! i love it!

:D

Thanks Lili and hi!

Thats good to know that they do come back hopefully they will soon for me too. Can you believe i have just sat here for ages thinking "what an earth does the aunt bit mean?" Gosh, im so slow at getting things!! Sometimes i scare myself! He He!
Good luck trying , fingers vrossed for us all! x

Hey :wave: Welcome to the forum hun.

Here's a list of abbreviations for you: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4

It does take a while to remember them all!!

Good luck with ttc #1. It took my body ages to settle back to normal after having the implant out.

:hug:

Thanks Hannah
Might just read the posts again now i know what you are all talking about! x

Hi Claire, welcome to the forum and good luck ttc x x x

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I know that it can take a while for your periods to get back to normal after coming off the injection, so try not to worry.

Good luck x

:wave:
i'm sure you'll settle in just fine here!! i can sympathise with the lack of periods- i came off pill last june and have had 3 af in 8 months. its very frustrating! make sure u go to see ur gp if u go longer than 3 months without af. they may send u for blood tests to make sure there are no problems.
xxx

:wave: Welcome to PF!

Good luck with the TTC. Not sure about lack of AF as I've never had the depo but would have thought your cycle should have returned by now. Is it worth going back to GP for a chat and see if they can do bloods?

Hi!
AF - Aunt flow - Period
BD - Baby Dance - Sex
CM - Cervical Mucus
BFP - Big Fat Positive - Positive Pregnancy Test
BFN- Big Fat Negative - Neg Pregnancy Test
HPT - Home Pregancy Test
OPK - Ovulation Testing Kits, i think,i dont use them?

ill put more if i think of more ahah]
xxxxx

Thanks everyone for all of your welcomes and good advice!
Think i will book mysef a doctors apointment for when the school finishes for half term. See what they say. It has made me think that i dont want to use a hormonal contraceptive again not sure i like the idea of my body being this messed up!

Thanks again! xxx :moon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back