Private growth scan?

yorksmummy

Reaction score
I have been measuring 3-4 weeks big since 28 weeks, got referred to the consultant who measured me 3 weeks big (even though I don't think he expected to), dismissed it saying baby was a good size and I have a history of large babies (above average size). Everyone else in this situation seems to have been referred for a growth scan and I know I won't get one through my consultant.
So I don't know whether to try and book a private growth scan, I don't really know how accurate they are anyway. Everyone now thinks I am going to have a large baby due to my bumps size but I don't know whether it's worth spending the money if they're not that accurate anyway.
What do you ladies think? x

Hello - i'm in a similar situation. Im 36 weeks and measuring 44cms...i rang for a scan today and they have said it could be up to three weeks, but I can't wait that long, so I have looked into how much private ones are. I am going to ring the hospital and birthing centre tomorrow and ask if they will take results from someone like Babybond (£99) or if it will have to be done by NHS and ask if there are any other options. I'll keep you posted. I do now wish i'd demanded a scan or just made something up so they sent me, cause i've been saying since week 27 he was HUGE!

i measured really big in my last pregnancy ive had two 8lbs already, im only small. everytime ive been to my antenatals ive measured 3 or 4 cms bigger, they make it a big issue then do nothing. i have to see my consultant at 36 weeks so i will see what he has to say. i just think it will turn into a routine appointment x x

Thanks ladies, both of my last 2 babies were 8 and a half pounds so the consultant just said "you have big babies". I think they end up more concerned when they think baby is measuring small. It's just frustrating when we feel we're being fobbed off. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back