growth scan

sarah0202

Reaction score
How accurate are growth scans? i have been measuring about 3 weeks ahead for the last 6 weeks and next tuesday i am having a growth scan are these accurate i'm sure they wasn't when i had ds 3 1/2 years ago kept saying he was a big baby and he was 7lb 13oz at 40+6 but i am really worried about having a big baby what will happen if they think he is too big?

How accurate are growth scans? i have been measuring about 3 weeks ahead for the last 6 weeks and next tuesday i am having a growth scan are these accurate i'm sure they wasn't when i had ds 3 1/2 years ago kept saying he was a big baby and he was 7lb 13oz at 40+6 but i am really worried about having a big baby what will happen if they think he is too big?

more acurate than measuring with tape.

if they think he is too big they may induce or offer a c-section but only if he is going to be very big, thats what they did with a girl on here as they said he could be around 14lbs if he went full term, so she had a section and he was 10lb

but thats only if he does look very big

i was measuring a week behind, but when for growth scan and was actually ahead

Im measuring about three weeks ahead, At the growth scan the baby is all at the top line, the doctor said she wasn't worried and wouldn't be even if it was over the top line and she is happy for nature to take its course. So probably won't do anything unless there are other problems like high blood pressure etc, ive got another in two weeks to check whats happened but again unless the baby has drastically increased in size to like 14 pounds i dont think they will do anything. Try not to worry some people are told the baby will be big and it end up at 7 pounds. xx

hi hun

i wouldnt worry too much i had growth scans with first baby to be told he would be about 4lb born and he was 6lb 13oz same with second i measured 4 weeks behind according to measurements done by mw but growth scans said all was fine but they was still convinced he was tiny he was 7lb 10oz on dd so pretty average to me!! one mw said its because im tall i dont get a big bump as baby has planty of room to move and grow which kinda makes sense!! but my friend was told she was gonna have a really big baby and had lots of scans etc but was 8lb 4oz 1 week late which is not too bad, so i dont think they are all that accurate try not to worry too much :) xx

thanks girls i should know better as i was told last time but can't help worrying x

Update the baby was born at 8.15 so not that big really just shows that they just like to keep an eye on things! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back