• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

primark

we don't have one anywhere near so dan't shop there nut when i can get to one i goin and have a gander its been so long though so cant remember what i bought sorry

The only thins i can buy in primark are shoes bags accessories etc as they dont go big enough for me and find there stuff great, i get a lot of Willows clothes in there though and the value is fantastic i went in there a few weeks ago and got 2 pairs of shorts and 2 t shirts for £6 for Willow. Willow will be a primark kid :D

morning! My OH and I occasionally buy stuff from Primark... and the quality isnt great but suprisingly the things I have bought from there (a couple of simple summer dresses) seem to have lasted really well. One of them I've had for 4 years, and worn so often.. and its only just beginning to fall apart. OH gets most of his T-shirts from there and he's had them years too. I think the reason I dont shop there more often is a) the crazy crowd of people there (my nearest one is the massive one on Oxford street, gets super crowded) and b) although I cant really afford to shop anywhere else, I do wonder about the ethics of producing clothes so cheaply... child labour and all that... but then again, I think that some of the other high street chains do the same thing, and maybe they just sell their stuff at a higher price to get more profit... I wouldn't go out of my way to shop there though!

I love primark for basic stuff- plain t-shirts/knickers etc.

It's not great quality but when you pay £2 for a tshirt you can't expect a lot- although saying that I have found, in general, that 'primani' t-shirts are better quality than TopShop.

Their baby/kids stuff is really good too- I can't justify spending a lot on Evie's clothes so we buy a lot in Primark.

:cheer: :cheer: We are off for a shopping spree today- I need a new sofa throw and they are only a few quid in there :)

Some of the stuff is great value but steer clear of jumpers & cardis. Quality is awful.
Any time iv bought any they get holes within 1 or 2 washes.

i do get some baby stuff in there since its shelf life is so short but I don't really shop for me in there and I would never make a special trip.

I go in Matalan a lot which might be marginally more expensive that Primark but id pay the extra every time for the luxury of being able to get around the shop without feeling the need to murder anyone!!!

I buy lots in there these days and I think it is great, the quality is definitely no worse than New Look or Topshop for most things, but it is soooo much cheaper in there. I have bought black jeans in there for work and I have worn and washed them every week since Christmas and they are still black - not bad for less than £10!

I buy a lot of jumpers and cardigans in there too and mine have lasted for ages, unlike the ones I bought in H&M that went bobbly in weeks.

You've gotta love a bit of Primarni!

i do shop there. the quality is just ok. its cheap and cheerful :D

I shop in there when I can be arsed with the ques etc. Its always busy tho. Quailty is ok tho for what ya pay for it with some items lasting longer then others. I love there underwear and bras tho

Jade&Evie said:
I love primark for basic stuff- plain t-shirts/knickers etc.

It's not great quality but when you pay £2 for a tshirt you can't expect a lot- although saying that I have found, in general, that 'primani' t-shirts are better quality than TopShop.

Their baby/kids stuff is really good too- I can't justify spending a lot on Evie's clothes so we buy a lot in Primark.

:cheer: :cheer: We are off for a shopping spree today- I need a new sofa throw and they are only a few quid in there :)

I agree with Jade

The only reason I tend to avoid Primark is because it gets so busy and I always spend faaaar to much. I'll wander round going "Oh that's cheap, that's nice" and end up with a basket full :D

The quality is okay. I've a few T shirts that I've had for years that are still in good shape. My two favourite "going out" dresses were only £4 and I've had those for about three years.

The only thing I found was the mens socks and underwear aren't durable enough but the womens are fine. Also things we've bought for work wear/everyday use that gets washed every single week will wear out after about six months or so.

S has 2 pair of fleece pj's from there - and they wash really well. However any other things she has had from there ahve been awful, lost their shape and just look yuk. For kids clothes I would prefer to spend a bit more on something that will last but then I have a younger daughter who gets them after S or I like to resell them.

Last edited:
yeah i LOVE thier fleece babygrows in there, thats all my 2 wear for bed lol (love the fact they go up to the age 4 - sooo cute lol) (they are perfect for hannah cos shes been at a stage for the last 6 months of getting naked at any given oppertunity - she hasnt sussed how to get out of them just yet lol)

I may buy the odd thing myself, but genrally think the quality isnt great... i tend to wear my clothes for years :oops: soo, i like somthing that lasts, rather then to just follow fashon.

I don't shop in Primark as I said yesterday in another post because I don't agree with their policies on exploiting child labour in India and Sri Lanka. Its cheap for a reason and I think its disgusting using children to sew their clothes so we can all look fashionable.

Charlie:-) said:
I don't shop in Primark as I said yesterday in another post because I don't agree with their policies on exploiting child labour
in India and Sri Lanka. Its cheap for a reason and I think its disgusting using children to sew their clothes so we can all look fashionable.

The harsh reality is that if they weren't sewing clothes they would be doing something else for the same low pay and possibly even worse conditions. I have problem with clothing like Gap which is made the same way but costs 10x as much.

Jade&Evie said:
[quote="Charlie:)":rs735vgd]I don't shop in Primark as I said yesterday in another post because I don't agree with their policies on exploiting child labour
in India and Sri Lanka. Its cheap for a reason and I think its disgusting using children to sew their clothes so we can all look fashionable.

The harsh reality is that if they weren't sewing clothes they would be doing something else for the same low pay and possibly even worse conditions. I have problem with clothing like Gap which is made the same way but costs 10x as much.[/quote:rs735vgd]

Precisely. You'll find that most major companies in all industries do rather distasteful things to take advantage of the poor folks. I don't want to have to buy cheap clothes but it's better than going nekkid ;)

MrsBrightside said:
I shop in there when I can be arsed with the ques etc. Its always busy tho. Quailty is ok tho for what ya pay for it with some items lasting longer then others. I love there underwear and bras tho
I agree :)

got 3 big ones near me - kingston, epsom and chav central croydon :wink: :wink:

can easily spend a few tonne in there in one go - even if the quality is rubbish, uv only paid a quid for it lol :lol:

all jamies play and nursery clothes are primark, ill be damned sendin him in nice next and gap stuff :talkhand: :talkhand:

Jade&Evie said:
[quote="Charlie:)":3tho2p4t]I don't shop in Primark as I said yesterday in another post because I don't agree with their policies on exploiting child labour

The harsh reality is that if they weren't sewing clothes they would be doing something else for the same low pay and possibly even worse conditions. I have problem with clothing like Gap which is made the same way but costs 10x as much.[/quote:3tho2p4t]

There cant be any worse conditions than what these poor children are living and working in. Yes they probably would be doing some other kind of work if they werent sewing garments for primark but primark have not been open and honest with how their clothing is made and have denied using young children to sew and paying them just 60p a day for hours work. I dont buy clothes from GAP either for the same reason. It makes me sad that people can exploit children like this and think they can get away with it. To a certain extent they can because there will be a lot of people in this country who couldnt care less if their spangly t-shirt had been sewn by hand by a 9 year old girl who got paid 60p for the day making it. I certainly care and for that reason I dont shop there and try and let as many people as I can know about how their clothes are made. At least then people will have the choice about whether they want to support primark and gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back