preventing sore nipples

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
is there anything i can do about preparing my nipples ready for breast feeding. ive heard you can get nipple cream to put on a few weeks before the birth but i havnt a clue what to look out for. ive got some nipple shields too. is there anything else i can do?

i really want to give breastfeeding my very best shot and i know lots of people find it very hard.

you could apply kamillosan on them twice a day before babys born.

get hubby to tweek them alot too! :rotfl: thats rather nice and its good for you in lots of ways!

get him to increase the tweaking at 37 weeks and it may bring on labour sooner! :lol:

Some people suggest giving them a good towel rub when you get out of the bath/shower!

tea bags in your bra (used ones!)
Apparantly it helps the skin to toughen up.......

really? any particular type of tea? i have black, green, jasmine, rose, vanilla and white!
Sammystar said:

Sammystar said:

hmmmm :think: i'd have to used an old 'grey' bra so i dont stain my nice ones. I'll have to get OH to save me some- he'll think im nuts- oh well, he does anyway :rotfl:

I used lasinoh which you can get from mothercare, not cheap but the best tenner ive ever spent in my life :lol:

Tasha20 said:
I used lasinoh which you can get from mothercare, not cheap but the best tenner ive ever spent in my life :lol:

i used this and it was fab it lasted ages so was well worth the price. also remember to change your breast pads regularly if you need to.

trixipaws said:
really? any particular type of tea? i have black, green, jasmine, rose, vanilla and white!
Sammystar said:

Black tea! I used PG Tips!

I highly recommend Kamillosan (sp) also, it is really good and prevents chapped nips.

The thought of anyone tweaking/touching my boobs I couldnt handle !

Hi

I used lasinoh while breastfeeding as well its great!!
Katrina

Duds said:
I highly recommend Kamillosan (sp) also, it is really good and prevents chapped nips.

The thought of anyone tweaking/touching my boobs I couldnt handle !

Me neither!

I also used Kamillosan it's great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back