pretty severe food and drink aversions

soffphie

Reaction score
hi, i am currently nearly 7 weeks pregnant.
this last week i have started to get pretty bad food aversions & its gotten so bad now that if i drink my usual diet lemonade im gagging and trying not to be sick as drinking it..
i am wondering if all of this is in my head?
how can i get past it? ive caved and gone and bought myself 2 lucozade sports. really dont ask i never drunk them before now i want them all the time!
how can i get past this? im really not eating very well at all. it is starting to worry me for the sake of baby.
i started off this pregnancy eating so so well and healthy now its just fallen apart big time!
today ive eaten cooked at home pizza and 2 chocolate bars.. yeh really healthy!!!!
ive drunk nothing but sips of lemonade and now just 1 lucozade sport. i have noticed im not going to loo for the wee as much as i was a week ago so my intake of drink must have really gone down.
not really sure what i can do to get past it? and if it is all in my head how i can stop that
thank you in advanced.

This won’t be forever. I went through days like this and still do now. On days like this eat or drink whatever you can stomach or crave. Keep taking your antenatal vitamins and don’t worry. The baby will take anything it needs from your reserves. The body does this to protect the baby. I honestly wouldn’t worry and just take it day by day. None of this will effect the baby. There’s plenty time to get back on to the healthy food. There’s some women who literally survive on crackers and water for the first few weeks to months and don’t have any issues x

This won’t be forever. I went through days like this and still do now. On days like this eat or drink whatever you can stomach or crave. Keep taking your antenatal vitamins and don’t worry. The baby will take anything it needs from your reserves. The body does this to protect the baby. I honestly wouldn’t worry and just take it day by day. None of this will effect the baby. There’s plenty time to get back on to the healthy food. There’s some women who literally survive on crackers and water for the first few weeks to months and don’t have any issues x

Thanks lolly. Hope youre well?
Its lasted saturday+ so far.. i mean it will stop & ill worry haha.
This morning wos the worst.. like hubby sed ill make u a tea and have some rich tea.. i was like yes and ill eat this rich tea and be happy but omg most dicusting thing i ever had nearly was sick.
Then taking prenatal vit and trying to not throw up as i drink to take it.
Feel quite dehydrated.
My mum says it will be me who suffers not baby, which is ok if thats true. :)

I have awful food aversions and have had them since 7ish weeks. I was a really good healthy eater pre pregnancy but now all’s I eat is carbs and junk. I’ve tried countless times to eat “better” I’ve tried forcing down veg but i gag constantly and I’ve tried cutting fruit up into small bites.
Eat what you can, baby takes what it needs it’ll be you that suffers.

Thanks lolly. Hope youre well?
Its lasted saturday+ so far.. i mean it will stop & ill worry haha.
This morning wos the worst.. like hubby sed ill make u a tea and have some rich tea.. i was like yes and ill eat this rich tea and be happy but omg most dicusting thing i ever had nearly was sick.
Then taking prenatal vit and trying to not throw up as i drink to take it.
Feel quite dehydrated.
My mum says it will be me who suffers not baby, which is ok if thats true. :)
Yep exactly like me. I switched to taking folic acid and vitamin D only for a few weeks till I could stomach my other ones. Honestly baby will be fine. Your mam is right it would be you that suffers xx

Don’t worry at all about your diet. Eat and drink whatever you need to, to get through the first trimester. When you’re feeling better you can focus on the healthy eating. Your mum is right, baby will take all the goodness and leave you with the rubbish :lol: I’m 21 weeks and I’ve been vomiting day and night for over 14 weeks. Some days I manage nothing more than some water and a couple of biscuits or crackers. Baby is wonderfully healthy. My last pregnancy was the same, I puked until I gave birth and he was born a healthy 7lb 9!

Please don’t worry about your diet at this point. Eat and drink whatever you need to xx

I read that you are what you ate 3 months ago! So don't worry too much, but make sure you stay hydrated at the very least! Maybe try still rather than fizzy drinks? Like the lucozade sport. Oasis is nice. Or if you cant stomach tap water try flavoured water. Your baby will take in whatever your body has stored up the last few months. Hope other than this you're doing ok! X

I read that you are what you ate 3 months ago! So don't worry too much, but make sure you stay hydrated at the very least! Maybe try still rather than fizzy drinks? Like the lucozade sport. Oasis is nice. Or if you cant stomach tap water try flavoured water. Your baby will take in whatever your body has stored up the last few months. Hope other than this you're doing ok! X

Hi yeh im ok hope all this is a good sign baby will survive this time x
Been bad today. Throwing up drink as well :/

I had terrible sickness, vomiting constantly, couldn’t stomach water I lived off ice cold coke, cheese spread on toast and packets of crisps, had really bad aversions to most foods was still being sick after my 20 week scan, but baby was in perfect health and weighed 8lb 9oz she’s bright as a button too so I wouldn’t worry about it just eat whatever doesn’t make you wanna throw up

Hi yeh im ok hope all this is a good sign baby will survive this time x
Been bad today. Throwing up drink as well :/
Oh blimey, bless you! Yeah I'd definitely take it as a good sign. I had literally no symptoms in my pregnancy apart from sore boobs and always kind of felt that was strange even though they tell you to enjoy it! I'm sure everything is spot on this time for you. Are you planning an early scan at all? X

Oh blimey, bless you! Yeah I'd definitely take it as a good sign. I had literally no symptoms in my pregnancy apart from sore boobs and always kind of felt that was strange even though they tell you to enjoy it! I'm sure everything is spot on this time for you. Are you planning an early scan at all? X

Hi im under extra care so i already had one at 51/2 and got another one 71/2 so next Thurs :)

Seriously eat whatever you find palatable. I had hg and couldn’t eat properly for months and then couldn’t eat because my stomach was so small there was no room for food! Had all sorts of food aversions and literally lived on monster munch and cocoa pops for a good few weeks. Then fish fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back