Severe Food Aversions!!!

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Does anyone else have serious food aversions???!!! I seem to be getting worse!! I went to tesco last night to try and find something for my dinner last night, but found myself wondering around aimlessly, wanting to throw up at the sight of almost everything!!!
I eventually bought a pasta bake, bag of potato wedges and some fruit....coz I just didn't know what I wanted!!
The pasta bake ended up in the bin. So I ended up having a plate of wedges!!!!!!
The only foods I feel like eating are -

chips, chips and more chips
petit filou (which is a yoghurt!)
crisps
bread
crackers
cheese (but only if it is mature cheddar!!!!!)
cereal bars

I have gone off most vegetables, tomato sauce (which I used to LOVE!), soya and tofu, curries, and anything really with a very strong flavour, or anything with a sauce!!!!!!!!!!

When do the food aversions go, and does anyone know what causes them?

xxx

I'm off most food at the mo the only things I can eat is fruit like oranges green apples or grapes.

It's a nightmare isn't it girls!

I keep finding something I like and then going off it, I was into baked potatoes with cheese beans and coleslaw last week and I can't stand it this week.

I've been making myself have smoothies, even if I don't fancy them and if I feel like eating something crappy like 2 bags of crisps then I'm making sure I eat a bowl of grapes as well.

I've been eating mature cheered cheese on toast with brown sauce or making brown pitta with hummus and salsa.

I can't even face going to big Tesco....

I'm thinking I might go and get some Monster Munch out of the cupboard!

Xx

cant say i went through this i love my food now im pregnant but i hope this fades for you soon x

I'm still going through this!

I have loved chocolate my entire life, but now even the very thought of it makes me gag.
I'm much the same with biscuits and desserts. My sweet tooth has disappeared entirely and I would die for anything savory.

I've also gone completely off tea, which I used to love! Even in the cold weather, all I can drink is ice water or lucozade.

I force myself to eat fruit, but could see it far enough to be honest. I try to jazz it up by making smoothies, or fruit salad with yoghurt poured on top. Which is also strange because I have an intolerance to dairy, but at the minute love strawberry milkshake/yoghurt etc.

My body doesn't know what to be doing with itself lol xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I can't seem to find anything that "satisfys" me

and I cannot stand the smell of vinegar

Walked around 3 shops yesterday and nothing appealed to me.

I too cant get enough of savoury ... breadsticks and dip seems like a good shout at the minute!

i literally cant eat anything, the only things which dont make me sick are fruit, marmite on toast and plain pasta if i see, smell or even say any other foods i end up running to the toilet! has anyone got any good remedys??

someone bought a chocolate cheescake into work - i open the fridge and it was all I could do to get to the toilet in time - and I love chocolate! Brocolli and Stilton soup smell just terrible - even though i'm craving stilton in general.

I ate sooooo many petit filous' in tri 1, all good for calcium & vit D for baby though :) x

ooh petit filous, may need to go to supermarket again tomorrow... that'll be every day this week!

Ive gone off peppers onions mushrooms, humous, pitta bread (weird!!)
i walked around m+s for about half hour picking things up and putting them back
ended up with a fillet steak? :-/
want my normal tastes back :( x

Karolina your list looks a lot like mine did, except I was Munch Bunch not Petit Filous :)

I've started getting better the last few weeks, and finally starting to get a more balanced diet. I was convinced that was all I was going to manage for the whole pregnancy!!

I still have a very definite preference for cheese-orientated meals and snacks, but I am getting a lot more variety now. It should improve for you too soon xx

ohhhhh girls, I feel your pain!!! I too am craving stilton for some reason, I loved it before I got preg, and just would love some now!!! But I know it's one of the 'banned' foods!!!!!
Petit filous is so easily eaten, in small pots so if you want you can have two lol, and full of calcium and vit d!! They are my saviour right now!
I went through a phase of baked potato and melted cheese, but have since gone right off them!!
Is'nt it weird how when you finally find a food you can eat, you then develop an aversion to it!!!!
I really do hope this improves soon, I'm worried I am not getting enough good nutrients, and being a vegetarian I have to be extra careful....not good when I have totally gone off all soya and tofu foods!!!!!!

xxx

If we can't find anything nice in M&S we are buggered! :)

Xx

Love this thread! So strange how something 1 lady craves is another's aversion, there really is no pattern to it at all.

I've completely gone off cups of tea (would have 4 or 5 cups a day before), baked beans and cheese (except melted on domino's pizza for some reason). Oh and Chinese food stir-fries, sweet n sour, chow meins etc - nearly sick yesterday walking past the takeaway. The thought of any of them makes me feel ill! I have also bizzarely gone off Robinsons no added sugar fruit squash, which I usually drink litres and litres of?! The only drinks I like now are really sugary ones out of cartons like orange ribena, apple juice, capri-suns and cranberry juice cartons. A bit worried I am drinking far too much sugar having them all the time but I'd get dehydrated if I didn't have them cos its all I want to drink!

I am loving tuna sandwiches, pineapple and grapes! I liked them all before, but LOVE them now.

Very strange x

Before I found out I was pregnant, I was making meals that I normally would love, but I couldn't understand why I didn't enjoy them. I made a pasta dish with broccoli, garlic, chillies and anchovies and it was one of the most difficult meals I've ever eaten. I thought I was just really tired, which should have also sounded alarm bells that I was pg. I'm such an idiot. This was around 6-7 weeks.

To this day, I've not eaten anchovies again pregnant. I craved all sorts of weird things like processed pork products, curries, anything spicy and sour. Luckily most of my weird food things have gone away now and I am just eating everything in sight.

Hope it passes soon and you can all eat more normally. I kind of miss the curry cravings a bit, though...
x

Just had ryvita with philli and fresh tomatoes on top, was delicious, but I'm still hungry!

Need to do a grocery shop so off to Tesco as I'm eating us out of house and home!

For me its not that ive gone off food, its that whatever food i eat i can t finish. I end up feeling sick and have to stop eating. One good thing is ive lost 3 pounds but i suppose that cant go on. Im sure i will get my appetite back soon. xxx

I can eat more than I could a few weeks ago but my faves are:

-Mature cheddar cheese- anything else makes me gag
-Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!!
-Frazzles
-Chips, cheese and gravy
-Mcdonalds chicken sandwich, fries and strawberry milkshake (been a favourite since day 1!)
-Sweets, like sour strawberry laces and vimto sour sweets, like them fruit windems
-Cheese and branston pickle
-VIMTO!! has to be this juice!!!

They change constantly but this is what I can remember lol!

Just had to run to be sick after reading everyone's lists - not ideal! No predicting what is going to set me off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back