Prescription and dentist exemption card

xx emma xx

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its the same in england, ireland and wales but in scotland I need to get my exemption card before I can get free prescriptions and free dental treatment. I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and I've still not received it, the form got sent off at my booking in appointment. Has anyone waited this long for it? Its starting to get annoying. Got my doc to give me a prescription for the huge gaviscon bottle cos I know I won't get it free and still need to pay the prescription price! And I want to get dentist free too. Xx

:( Thats a bit rubbish :( I don't think your supposed to wait that long for it x I just told her I was pregnant when I went to get my folic acid and she gave me it for free anyway x :) Surely if you have a bump they'll see your pregnant, just explain you haven't got your card yet? x

I did that last time and the woman was difficult and said all she could do was give me the receipt and claim it back. I just told her it didn't matter, that was before I had a bump though. I'm starting to wonder if the midwife even posted it off for me cos she was the worst midwife I have came across so far. Xx

I would chase it up - I only got mine a couple of weeks ago, after hassling everyone. Even then, I had to go the dentist with the form, as I didnt have chance to send it off and get the card, but I also took a copy of my mab1 form, and they said that was enough.

But you are entitiled to it, so make sure you get it!
xxx

Oh dear that isn't good, I got mine within a fortnight of my booking in appointment then again when I sent off when after I got married, I think my local office (100 miles away so not very local) is in Aberdeen x

Last edited:
Mine was inside my little book (pregnancy notes) i got at my first appointment. Midwife checked and signed it and i didnt need to get mine sent off x Im in scotland too, so its maybe worth a wee look to see if theres one in with your notes :) x

How annoying, I looked online and it said that they should still give me it without charge but checks will be made to prove I am entitled. Ridiculous! Got hosp appointment on monday so ill ask for another form xx

If not mention it to your MW on your next appointment, she sent my initial off for me x

Mine was inside my little book (pregnancy notes) i got at my first appointment. Midwife checked and signed it and i didnt need to get mine sent off x Im in scotland too, so its maybe worth a wee look to see if theres one in with your notes :) x

The one that was in my notes she took out to get me to fill in details and said she would send it off. Its weird how different places are all so different. I'm going to tell them today that I've just forgot it and see what they say. Worth a try xx

I got mine pretty quickly but I have never had to use it ! When they ask me about perscriptions, or at the dentist I simply just said 'oh I'm pregnant!' and they just said OK ! I think I got mine through at about 10 weeks ! Hope you get it soon hun x

My friends a dental nurse and she said she would never even question it if someone said they were pregnant cos you would need to be really weird to lie haha. Think ill just make dentist appointment also and just even bring my pregnancy notes to prove it. Xx

The nice woman in boots gave me my prescription free, yay! I just told her I'd forgotten it lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back