Dentist....?

CarlyD

Reaction score
Does anyone know if 1. The dentist is definitely free no matter what I have done? (I have my medical exepmtion card) and 2. What they can do for cavities when pregnant?

I'm in excruciating pain that's been getting worse over the past few days and I'm 99.9% sure it's one or more cavities, but we're not allowed the X-ray or injection to numb your mouth right? Is there any temporary fix or something they'll do? Can't take it any more!!!!

I've been to the dentist twice during my pregnancy, once as a routine check up and once because I was having a lot of pain.

It was free both times.

The dentist told me that during tri 2 is the time when they prefer to do treatment etc having said that, if you are in considerable pain I'm sure they will sort something out for you x

I've had a filling when I was pregnant they numbed it with an injection and it was free xx

Thank you! Got an appointment this afternoon (they told me on the phone I haven't been since 2009... Oops!) and have taken cocodomol so feeling a little better. Fingers crossed they fix me :) xx

There is an injection you can get. I had fillings done early on - they can give plain anthestetic, which my dentist said has less additives in it - it wears off quicker.

Xxx

I'm pretty sure you can have the xray and the injection it's a bit different to the hospital kind.

I hate the dentist but decided because it was now free I really had to go. Dentist took one look and said " you know the filling you needed in November 2009, well you still need it" oops lol xx

Lol! Well I was allowed an xray and the injection it seems! Had a filling and got a lot more work that needs doing including root canal and wisdom tooth removed :'( at least it's all free thank god! Waiting for the numbness to wear off now and the pain to commence! :( xx

Glad you went and got sorted.
I've been to the dentist whilst pregnant and ended up with a filling :sick:
I always go regular though, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back