NHS Exemption Certificate...??

SoonToBeMrs

Reaction score
I've heard I'm entitled to free NHS treatment with an exemption card or certificate. I can also have a free card for swimming sessions in my local area but only if I have an exemption card.. how do I get hold of one?? I'm 21 weeks pregnant.. surely my midwife would have mentioned this at some point? :?

My midwife gave me the form at the very first appointment, filled it in, sent it off and they sent the card back after a couple of weeks. I'd definately be asking her about that!

noodle1 said:
My midwife gave me the form at the very first appointment, filled it in, sent it off and they sent the card back after a couple of weeks. I'd definately be asking her about that!

yeah i have mine and have had it for months now... filled in the paper work at my first appointment. Sent it off and got it back pretty quick as well. def be asking ur middy where it is! xx

That should have come with all your initial paperwork - definitely ask your m/w or doctor's office about that one!

ask your midwife or Dr for a form they will need to stamp it and you fill it in and send it off, i got mine at my first midwife appointment.

noodle1 said:
funny you should say that i got the cert with my pregnancy with my son and daughter but nouthing this time :? must ask her next time i see her :)

Thanks all.. think I need to give my midwife a call and ask her about it.. I'd really like to start swimming every week but it's so expensive.. I can practically go for free with this exemption card! :cheer:

SoonToBeMrs said:
Thanks all.. think I need to give my midwife a call and ask her about it.. I'd really like to start swimming every week but it's so expensive.. I can practically go for free with this exemption card! :cheer:

I have been going swimming... can you use your exemption card for this!?!?x

I filled mine in the day I went to my docs with BFP and I received my certificate a week later so ive had it for ages now.

my midwife sorted mine out on my 1st midwife appointment

although mine runs out May 2010 not July 2010 lol

It should have been sent to you long before now, your halfway through! I got mine shortly after I got my bfp. Hope you get it soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back