Premature births

weestar21

Reaction score
Hi all just thought i would start this topic as i dont see anymore on it.
basicly just wondering if anyone has gone through a premature birth and how they have coped with it and what the out come was.

Im 24 weeks pregnant with my second, my first pregnancy lasted to 29 weeks and my waters broke at 26 weeks. Baby was fine just very small she weighed 2lbs 10 oz and was in the special care baby unit (scbu) for just under 3 months was out of hospital just before her due date and is doing great she is almost 4 now and i cant believe where the time has gone...lol Doctors have said their is a 50/50 chance same would happen again so as im getting close to the 26 week mark im a little worried.

So anyone who has been through a similar situation would be great to hear how yous got on. Some people i have spoke to have said that once they have had a prem baby their other pregnancys have gone almost the same well early births. so im dying to find out if anyone on here has the same situation as i am worried but cant get any info from the doctors.

take care all and cant wait to read any replies

luv hugs n best wishes

Jean
x x x x

When I was told I was high risk I did a lot of looking about for info and the premature baby charity BLISS are excellent. Have a look on their website, they can offer you alot of support. They have given me a lot of information over the last few weeks about what I should expect if mine does come early, and are there to support you as baby grows up and develops.

hope that helps a bit xx

thanks sami just had a look at that site and your right they are excellent
would recomend it to anyone else with this problem

take care all

Jean

xxxxxx

Hi Jean,

I have a friend that had 2 prem babies although they where a lot earlier than yours! The same thing happened to her. Her waters broke at 21 weeks with her 1st child owen he weighed just over a lb and was very weak! (not wanting to scare you ir anything), sadly Owen didnt make it as his lungs wasnt developed properly. My friend then went onto have a 2nd child and she was told the same thing would probably happen again. At 23 weeks Bethany was born weighing 1lb 12oz! Bathany is now an adorable 20 month old! She has a few minor problems due to being on oxygen for a year but she has caught up with her weight and she is the size of any other babies her age. She learnt to sit up later an she has just learbt to crawl but she is doing great!
I supose there is some truth in the fact that once you have had 1 prem baby you have another!

Just thought you would like to hear this, Hope everything goes well

Kelly

awwww kelly me heart goes out to your friend what a hard time she must have gone through with borth births and little owen god bless him. Im so pleased her little girl is doing so well its amazing how much the little prem babies do come on i cant believe how much adele has grown shes nearly 4 now and is a wee blether...lol

thanx for replying it is scarey seeing reality and what can happen but it is just one of these things but will keep you posted if anything else happens thanx again tc and please send my best wishes to you friend :lol:

take care hugs Jean

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back