Pregnant

MrsR

Reaction score
Ok so I'm new here. I had a miscarriage 18 months ago and I'm pregnant again. I know I can have a succesful pregnancy as already have a gorgeous daughter. Still, I'm terrified. I didn't have any signs that anything was wrong until I had my 12 week scan and no heartbeat was found. I was then placed on a maternity ward, in a private room, to wait for the op to remove baby. I'm only 6 weeks pregnant and I'm already stressing about having a scan (mw is arranging early one). I'm determined not to get excited about being pregnant, just in case, and I feel like I'm missing out on my 1st trimester! Aagh!

Firstly massive congratulations!!! Really pleased for you.

Can imagine how you're feeling (I have a little boy and had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago).... but try to be positive and your early scan should hopefully help you put ur mind at ease.

Got everything crossed that it goes well for you.

xxx

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go through that so recently! Big hugs

Awww thx hon - I'm doing ok - onwards and upwards and all that.

Hope u do get to the point where you can start to enjoy your pregnancy cos it should be such a lovely time...hard tho eh? xx

Congrats ...:hug: Its hard after a loss to relax but hunnie try as its gunna be a long pregnancy try and enjoy it ...good at sayying it to other people although all too well its not that easy xxx

congrats and :hug:

I'm pregnant after a mmc last october, and was a nightmare for that first 11 weeks...
All I can say is take each day as it comes and aim for little milestones, it has made things easier for me. It sounds as though u have a lovely midwife so use tham as much as u need. U probably won't relax until after u have got to 12 weeks, I didn't, but as soon as I had my dating scan and everything was ok I have started to enjoy it all a bit more...

as for tryiong not to get ur hopes up, I think DH found it harder than I did to an extent as I have been exhausted and nauseated, and had really achely boobs... which has helped reassure me, but DH can't see so found it harder to be reassured

hope this helps and we are all here to listen to ur worries, these girls have really helped me :flower:

Thank you all! I never expected to recieve so much support. It's nice to know there's somewhere to come! I'm very lucky, especially with my gp, she told us that she had 7 pregnancies and only 3 babies and that she understands. It's my gp who immediatly got me in touch with midwife even though they normally don't see people until 8 weeks pregnant so I can get an early scan!

Random addition here. I have a friend who is a holistic therapist. She did an energy healing (I have a torn disc in my lower back) for me and when she reached my abdomen it felt like the tiny bean of a baby had suddenly grown. After the healing she said that this baby is protected by angels and that during the healing she'd seen a light on it and it had grown fine. Does anyone believe in this kind of thing or do you think I'm just desperate for everything to be ok this time?

Thank you all! I never expected to recieve so much support. It's nice to know there's somewhere to come! I'm very lucky, especially with my gp, she told us that she had 7 pregnancies and only 3 babies and that she understands. It's my gp who immediatly got me in touch with midwife even though they normally don't see people until 8 weeks pregnant so I can get an early scan!

Random addition here. I have a friend who is a holistic therapist. She did an energy healing (I have a torn disc in my lower back) for me and when she reached my abdomen it felt like the tiny bean of a baby had suddenly grown. After the healing she said that this baby is protected by angels and that during the healing she'd seen a light on it and it had grown fine. Does anyone believe in this kind of thing or do you think I'm just desperate for everything to be ok this time?

i m/c 14 yrs ago have one girl of ten and taken this long to fall again and imstill checking myself for bleeding everytime i go to loo i dont think the worry ever goes i do believe in angels and think they look after us all the therapy you had sounds lovely

SerenityLove, thank you. It was a wonderful experience! I'm more relaxed now, what will be will be.

Congratulations! Im a big believer in healing energy - good luck for a smooth and healthy pregnancy :hug:

I had healing sessions for a whilew a few years ago after an illness and found it really helpful. Think anything that helps you relax is a good thing too. xx

That's true! Didn't think of it like that! I'm going to start swimming too as I love it!

Any update on your early scan? How far are you now to your calculations? Hope you get some reassurance soon x

Its hard - I spent my pregnancy with Caitlin on pins after a hard time. No sickness spottings and the very little symptoms I had on and off.

*Hugs*

I lost my first baby, and had three threatened miscarriages with Niamh before I got to 12 weeks. The whole pregnancy was very frought. I do understand some of the emotions you might be going through, and it is hard to relax when deep down we know it is best for baby.

Any news on the scan?

You mentioned angels in your previous posts. I'm a Christian, so do believe in angels. Your friend sounded very positive in what she told you, and its not something that someone would lie about. Maybe it's your little one who passed on who is looking after you and his/her brother or sister for you :hugs:

No news yet on scan, I'm getting really frustrated with them! I'm about 7+1 x supposed to be seeing mw today so fingers crossed she'll get her bum in gear and sort stuff out!

When I had mmc I lost all symptoms at 10 weeks but everyone kept saying it was normal don't worry etc. Now I'm terrified of losing them! Lol.

Will be having another session soon possibly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back