Pregnant Vegans?

I am not a vegetarian nor vegan but I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits during pregnancy period. I refrain unhealthy and processed food. I also adhere to the benefits of vegetables and fruits to my body and especially to the baby.

Hi all,

Just commenting here to see if there are any other vegan pregnant ladies out there?

:-D

Hi eager_reader! I'm currently not pregnant as my wee boy is now almost 5 months old but I'm still vegan and also breastfeeding if you have any questions about vegan pregnancy etc :)

Hi! I'm 7 weeks pregnant, technically a vegetarian but I eat a mostly vegan diet. :)

Blank_Page and WinterWolf this is great!
I have made friends with my vegan neighbours (a couple with three lovely cats!) and we went to a vegan food share. I met lots of lovely people, including Mums and children. I feel a lot less isolated now.
Are your partners/husbands vegan? Mine isn't but he eats 90% vegan - i.e. every time I cook at home! We're discussing how to bring baby up. I really want them to be vegan but I fear if I am too strident/pushy about it and make meat and dairy etc forbidden, it might make them more attracted to those things!

Hubby just eats whatever I eat at home. He'll sometimes order chicken if we go out for dinner and the vegan/veggie meals don't appeal to him but he eats vegetarian 90% of the time.

I think when our child is little they'll be on a vegetarian diet, not a vegan one. But when they're older, our child is probably going to eat like their dad. I still won't cook any meat at home but if its what they really want when we go out to eat, I'll let them have it. I'll educate them on where meat comes from and how cruel it all is, so hopefully they'll not want to eat it. Then, hopefully when they're a bit older, they'll want to go full vegan. But if not, we won't force them.

Last edited:
Yay I found the vegan thread! :) Are any fellow vegans still lingering? I have so many questions and no one to ask as none of my pregnant or new mum friends are vegan lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back