Pregnant?? Please respond x

hnamay3279

Reaction score
The boyfriend and I are both 18 (Almost 19) and have been together 3 years. He works full-time and I'm doing a part time pre-degree.
I have been on the pill for 4/5 years for 3 months consecutively as my mum suffers from Endomitriousis(?) which is why I was placed on them so young.
The last time I had my break, I had run out of my packs (yearly prescription) and have to make an appointment, which took me a while to get round to doing. As a result, I was off the pill for, approximately 6-9 weeks. Withing the first 4/5 weeks I had about 3 periods (I presume an effect of coming off the pill.)

We had had sex, although he hadn't "finished" in me on many occasions, we had intercourse without a condom (then he would put one on to finish) apart from, as I recall, one or two occasion where he had ejaculated in me.

I have been on back on the pill for about 4 weeks now, however the last couple of weeks I have had numerous symptoms.
The first was very tender and sore nipples (mainly)/breasts.
Since then I have had headaches, I had strong nausea for a few days (though no actual sickness) some cramping in my lower abdomen, a fluttery sensation (which I read can be gas), and for about 3 weeks I've had (on and off) a constant pressure to pee though it can be an hour or two before I actually do. The past week i've had some constipation, and a slight feeling of being bloated (I normally have quite a flat stomach!)
All of which, are symptoms.
I also found out a few days ago my mum actually fell pregnant with me whilst ON the pill, and she falls pregnant easily! Whether or not that is passed down I do not know ??

I have broken off my pills 2 months early and am waiting to see what happens, and plan to take a pregnancy test by the end of the week.
Is there any chance I may be pregnant? Or am I just having all the symptoms when really there is another diagnosis?
If I am I would be around 6 weeks now, if the HPT comes out negative, is it worth waiting another week or so to take another to make sure?

best just to test hun, if in doubt get to the chemist lol :)

Hi there,
No doubt you're feeling very anxious right now.
These may or may not be pregnancy symptoms, which is the hardest thing when waiting for a test result. Many a time I have convinced myself I'm pregnant as the symptoms all match up, and for me not to have been. Then the times I have been pregnant, there really havent been any symptoms at all until further on into the pregnancy. I am sorry that doesnt really give you any answers and leave you in limbo. I think if the test is negative, at this stage it is probably correct, but there is no harm in testing again a week later just to be sure.

Agree test if you can, give your mind some rest one way or another - trying to work out all the paths of ifs & maybes is too much!

xx

Thankyou, I could be from 4-6 weeks (since when having started the BC again)
I'm not as anxious as I should be! Perhaps it helps that I have a younger sister (aged 2) and my mum is a childminder, so I have alot of hands on experience with young children as it is.

Whatever happens happens is how I think of it lol :) I'm feeling it's 50/50, but I can't help feeling slightly excited the more I think about it though if it is negative, it will be at least 5 years before I have a child (by choice)
I don't plan to let it effect my education and the boyfriend and I have a very strong and stable relationship, luckily I'm not someone who really drinks and doesn't enjoy going out clubbing (I've been once, just not my cup of tea!) Quite happy with a night in watching a film and having a takeaway tbh! lol :D

We've agreed that if I haven't come on by Thursday to get a test for then, and even if I have, to get a test at the weekend just to make sure :)
Would just like to hear others (experienced) opinions :) xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back