Pregnant and crazy...

Flips4

Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm a 33 year old mum to two gorgeous boys aged 11 and 9 and have just found out (after 18 faint positive pregnancy tests I didn't believe I took a digital one "PREGNANT 1-2 weeks". This pregnancy was planned but it has happened far far quicker than I expected and now I'm panicking like crazy, I'm worried about my children, my job, I'm worried that my OH has just been made redundant and it's going to be a struggle (we were about to move from our two bedroomed house to a 3/4 bed blah blah blah) anyway I guess life doesn't follow the plans you have set out, my OH is super super excited (this will be his first child) I am
Happy and I knew we were 'trying' and what the probable outcome would eventually be but I'm just in shock!!!!! I know we'll cope... Think I'm a little concerned about other people's reactions are going to be, feel a bit irresponsible and confused and hormonal lol :) did anyone else have a panic after a planned pregnancy discovery????

Anyway hoping to get to know some people better :)

Sarah x

I'm about to leave my job asoced 200 miles away, we are moving house in a month , we've a 4 yr old a 7 month ok'd and found out we are expecting again after one stupid might so I totally understand how you feel

hi flips, i have a 2yr old son and im pregnant again this one however was planned and yes im freaking out as well as oh is out of work due to health reasons xx

I'm glad I'm not alone in my panic Roxane :) I haven't told anyone except obviously my OH and he's been sworn to secrecy for now lol, I AM happy just pooping my pants too!!!! Feel like I may have taken on far more than I can chew :) I feel very irresponsible...

Thanks for the reply, I know well Borg be fine in a few weeks once the news has settled in! Are you moving away from family or friends? Have you told anyone?

SAR x

Hi mandii :) funny that however planned it is it's still a massive shock when it actually happens eh :) - I should know better I'm a nurse lol

I'm glad I'm not alone in my panic Roxane :) I haven't told anyone except obviously my OH and he's been sworn to secrecy for now lol, I AM happy just pooping my pants too!!!! Feel like I may have taken on far more than I can chew :) I feel very irresponsible...

Thanks for the reply, I know well Borg be fine in a few weeks once the news has settled in! Are you moving away from family or friends? Have you told anyone?

SAR x

I moved down last yr when I was expecting our son we got together July 2010 following month I found out I was expecting but lost it the month after, 3 months later I found out I was expecting again and at 28 wks moved away from all my friends and family to start a new life ( parents now live 40 mins away so tad closer).

Only ppl who know are parents and OH I couldn't be more scared

My kids are 11 and 9 now so I don't remember a huge amount about the early days, I lost a baby between having the boys at 19weeks too and had a 6wk miscarriage so I'm nervous too... Think
I'm more nervous about other people's reactions than my own!!! I know how you feel about your job etc, I'm just taking on a new role and more responsibilities and don't know how theyll take the news, and my best friend has already said she doesn't think me being pregnant is a good idea at the moment... sigh

At the end of the day your not 16 and unsure which if 3 bots are the dad you are an adult so people should respect that and understand this us going to be rough for you as you are still in shock and just support you and be a pair if ears instead :)

Thank you! You know your children will have a lovely age gap and they always say it easier the second time round (the part after the pregnancy certainly was for me). Your children will always have each other and brothers and sisters are always so valuable :) where abouts are you?

I'm near Brighton moved down from Walsall.

I'm just glad I've my 4yr old she helps so much when OH is at work she feeds her brother, plays with him , changed some of his dirty nappys and has even had a go at dressing him not that he let's her bur they both find it funny

I lived in Walsall for a while :) I remember my eldest being really sweet with my youngest, they bicker like cat and dog now but also look out for each other and are best friends :)

Congrats on your pregnancy news X

Just wanted to pop in and say don't worry about peoples reactions, it's just that their reactions, it's your life, you live it as you like, as it's what you want that counts. My mum really told me what for last time, then I had a mmc, so when I fell with Devon she left me alone, she will kill me if I did it one last time, so I'm not telling her! (i'm 38 for goodness sake!!)

I have 3 kids 13,11 and 10, plus baby Devon whos 16 mths today - and my kids were 9,10 and 12 when I had him, I have to say it's like having a first again , only your big kids are there and love it and can share the experiance with you this time. 9 years is a lovely gap.
They are also at school so you and baby can spend the day together before they come home, no mad juggling till evenings or weekends.

We have a 3 bed house , and too many of us in it for size, (6 of us), but you find a way. declutter and get more organised etc you will manage fine. We converted/built a stud wall in utility to make another bedroom! Devon is in with us and will stay that way along with any last baby if were lucky enougth, yes you could call it irisposnible , but you will have plenty of time for more space and money later on, people can't have babies forever, so enjoy now.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome Sarah :)

Mine is an IVF pregnancy, we spent nearly 3 years trying and planning our lives so that we would be in the best position to bring up a family. Despite this I still have moments where I panic and think "what have we done?".

I think it's normal.

Congratulations!!!

Last edited:
Thank you JJ mum and little Angel :) you are right, I need to stop worrying about what ifs and maybes and stop worrying about why other people will think :) I only found out yesterday and it's very early days so I think the next few weeks are going to be looooong lol.... Congratulations little Angel, I think your right it's scary at any time but the second you see that tiny face you know you wouldn't have done anything differently x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back