pregnancy symptoms after recent birth

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by boo, Sep 10, 2005.

1. boo

boo Member

Hi, I'm pregnant with my fourth! It's only six months since our youngest was born, so we're in shock at the moment.

Does anyone know if I should expect the symptoms of pregnancy to differ from my other pregnancies...because this one has come so soon after the last one (the others were after at least a three year age gap each time).

I'm getting a lot more cramping and haven't got any of the usual signs such as sore boobs.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Boo

2. ree77

ree77 Well-Known Member

Hi Boo,

Congratulations! I got pregnant with my second when my son was only 5 months after my son was born and I to had more cramping and no other symptoms! In fact I had bled a little bit and with my cramping I went to the hospital and they said they saw no heartbeat and that I had a miscarriage, not to worry about a D&C because my body would take care of it. Then about 4 months pass by and I'm sitting on my couch one day and I felt what I thought to be a kick!!! :shock: I called my midwife right away and she had me in immediately! Hooked me up to the heart moniter and sure enough there was the little heartbeat I was about 21weeks pregnant!! :shock: So that entire that I had thought I had miscarried I had not 1 symptom!!! Now with my other 2 they were futher apart and I had more symptoms and Im pregnant now with my 5th and there's about 5 1/2 yrs difference between my youngest and this one and I am sick 25/7!! Alot more symptoms then with my other ones. So you may very well not expeirence that many if any symptoms! :D

How far along are you???

xoxo Ree

3. boo

boo Member

Thanks for your reply Ree,

That's set my mind at rest. I have no idea how far along I am! Only took a test on Friday night and haven't had the chance to see a doctor. I cannot for the life of me remember when I had my last period. According to my calculations, it must be at least eight weeks...but my husband (who recalls a time of bad moods and no fun) says it's only four or five. i'll find out on Monday.

Thanks again for your help. and congrats on your fifth!

Boo x