***Pregnancy Notes***

the data protection act say's that you are entitled to see a copy of ANY infomation an organisation holds on you. They are entitled to charge you for a copy (usually £10) and should provide it within a reasonable time.
Any one having problems should say they are going to make a complaint as thr hospital are in breach of thr data protection act.

I had a section with my first and was able to keep my notes for a couple of weeks after the birth - hence, I copied everything - right down to the section notes. 10.35 knife to skin - 10.41 birth of live female. Irreplaceable in my opinion. I hope you all manage to get the copies you deserve :hug:

Ive not hads the urge to keep mine and I knew you couldnt anywya so im not bothered about mine.
I wish though i had asked for stephens though too look through just to compare pregnancies as such!

I think the delivery and birth bit would be interesting!

Redshoes said:
Just wanted to make a note of this as I didn't know, but when you give birth in hospital, the hospital keeps your pregnancy notes, and so if anything sentimental is in them, or you want to note LO's measurements etc do it before you go into hospital :D

I know. I really regret not scanning and copying all my ultrasound reports for Maia. :(

I'm glad you posted this RedShoes. If it helps someone then it's worthwhile.

:hug: Sorry to read about you losing your scan pictures. I hope you ge them back.

I wish I had known about losing the notes before I went in for my c-section. That day I handed the notes in to the ward and never saw them again. When I asked about it when I left I was told they belonged to the hospital and would be stored for a long time.

I am quite disappointed really because with my first son (all those years ago) we at least got a "co-op card" where all the AN observations and results were noted. I was able to use this to compare my health during the recent pregnancy.

I may approach the hospital to get a copy.

:hug:
Sabrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back