Pregnancy green notes

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
Hi all,
just been looking through my notes and after my scan last Monday (when i was 20weeks +3) there is also the gestational age 21+4 in brackets on my notes, under my 'proper' date. :lol:
I am presuming this means bubs was measuring this at the scan, as i remember seeing it on screen when she was measuring head..... this is like 9 days ahead...so do i go by this date? Nobody said to, sonographer didn't say anything and my due date is still 11/04/08 on notes??? :think:
This would mean i'm 22+5 now...it would also account for the fact that bump's always been quite big and bubs weighs a pound already??? Anyone else had this???? What do you think? :think:

i dont think they use the messurements of the baby now as all the different bits grow at different rates. unless its a huge difference i dont think they change it from your dating scan :)
i could be wrong though
manda xx

so i suppose the alternative is...stick to my original due date...but be prepared to have a mahoosive baby!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

lol yep :)
the baby might slow down in weight soon lol
well for your sake i hope it does :)
manda xx

At my second scan when i was 12 weeks he was measuring 13 weeks but they kept my dates the same and also at my 21 week scan he was measuring about 4 days ahead but it sometimes depends on how the baby is laying etc

:wave: hello hun! its just ocured to me, I must've missed your scan thread and pics :shock: *goes off to hun for thread* :wall: :wall: :wall:

btw - Id go by size of baby from gestational size but Im prob wrong lol!
xx

Maybe pack your hospital bag a bit earlier just in case?

When I had my first scan at 12 weeks the sonographer told me that my dates wont change if the scan shows more or less than a few days, they said it would have to be out by weeks to change my dates.

I would probably keep this date in mind though and like others have said have my bag packed a week early.

Hope that helps?

At my scan yesterday the babys head was measuring a week bigger, and it's femur a week smaller. I think the body parts just grow at different rates and eventually even out. My due date hasn't changed :D

Babies rarely come on thier due date (think it is 5% or soemthing like that) so i would stick to your original date and if baby isn't here by then at least you wont be disappointed.

We had our EDD changed at our 12 week scan (only by 2 days) but im still sticking to our original date x

They won't change your EDD unless there is a significant change in the baby's development early on.

Babies never grow in a straight line either, all the bits grow at a slightly different rate and unless there is a significant difference it won't be a problem.

We got our EDD at our 6 week scan and even though Flump's head measured 5 days ahead of the rest of him/her during the 20 week scan they didn't change the EDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back