Pregnancy Gifts

ohsouthlondon

Reaction score
Hi Ladies and (I presume) Gents,

I am hoping one or more of you can help me out.

My fiancee recently discovered she was pregnant - she's now in her seventh week and we find out on Sunday if it's twins - All the symptoms are there!

I must confess to being completely ignorant on the subject of pregnancy - Literally everything I've learned about trimesters and flutters and (gulp) prolapsing has been learned in the past two weeks. I'm reading everything I can on the subject of what she's going through, what is expected of me in the main and how I can be the best that I can possibly be for her.

So anyway, I'd like to buy her a gift or some gifts - Preferably some stuff that will aid in soothing her many and varied discomforts, and maybe something a bit more permanent. The problem I'm facing is that I'm massively allergic to tackiness so I don't like all the ebay cheapo special pregnancy souvenir type garbage.

Feel free to assume that money is no object - It most definitely is right now, but I'm pushing hard to finally fulfil my potential - I'm certainly qualified to do so, but have never had suitable motivation until now.

I thought I'd ask the mums and mums-to-be on here as you are obviously the best placed people in the world for this type of question.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I can only plead ignorance due to my newness!!

Thanks in advance.

Pregnancy massages!!! They are amazing and she will really benefit from them. My OH has paid for me to have a couple since 20 weeks and they have helped ease aches and pains and also allowed me some "me" time xx

I like jewellery ;) Not really pregnancy related but it is something I like to keep and then look back and think oh yes I had this for x occasion. My husband often buys me earrings as they are small ish and cheap ish plus I wear studs all the time so pretty/different studs are always useful.

Has she had any cravings yet? A little basket full of the foods she is wanting might be nice, maybe with a baby magazine thrown in too. She is a bit early for maternity clothes but how about offering to buy her something when she gets to that stage?

What I would really like is some of the little jobs around the house doing, be it the odd thing that is waiting to be mended or just doing the dishes or dusting.

A pregnancy pillow - this will really help come 12 weeks plus when it's impossible to get comfortable at night.

Pregnancy massages is also great.

Maternity underwear (pretty but comfortable)

A cleaner? Not supposed to use chemicals when pregnant so getting someone in once. Week to especially clean the bathrooms/kitchen really helps!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I like jewellery ;) Not really pregnancy related but it is something I like to keep and then look back and think oh yes I had this for x occasion. My husband often buys me earrings as they are small ish and cheap ish plus I wear studs all the time so pretty/different studs are always useful.

Has she had any cravings yet? A little basket full of the foods she is wanting might be nice, maybe with a baby magazine thrown in too. She is a bit early for maternity clothes but how about offering to buy her something when she gets to that stage?

What I would really like is some of the little jobs around the house doing, be it the odd thing that is waiting to be mended or just doing the dishes or dusting.

She hates jewellery - I know, she's perfect right?!! :)

She's having some fairly insane morning sickness so she's virtually off food. I've been dealing with it as best I can, making foods that aren't too offensive and then making sure she only nibbles instead of overwhelming her stomach.

A pregnancy pillow - this will really help come 12 weeks plus when it's impossible to get comfortable at night.

Pregnancy massages is also great.

Maternity underwear (pretty but comfortable)

A cleaner? Not supposed to use chemicals when pregnant so getting someone in once. Week to especially clean the bathrooms/kitchen really helps!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Pregnancy pillow is already done and it's been a big hit already.

On the massage front, I'm evidently blessed with some natural talent in that area (her comments, not mine!) and obviously with my emotional investment in making her happy I put in maximum effort on that front. Would it make a difference to have someone else do it, or do they employ some special tricks? I wouldn't mind learning from them if that is the case, so I could do it on demand - she's not really a fan of leaving the house at the moment..

Maternity underwear is something I hadn't considered. I'll confess I didn't know such a thing existed in 'pretty'. I thought it would all be very Bridget Jones.

With regards to cleaning, I'm all over it! I clean and cook regularly and generally try to act as a barrier between her and any housework as well as entertaining her son who is 4 so as to keep her safe from the two knees into the stomach piledrivers he's so fond of!!

Speaking as someone. Who also has pretty bad morning sickness I'm loving my blanket that I can snuggle up with on the sofa. It's huge and soft and fluffy! And ice pops are little miracles! But to be honest right now all I want is help to wash my hair and the basics the tidying the cleaning a clean toilet thata easily accessible is brill! Lol. Good pillows for good sleep to the aches and pains of throwing up are not nice! And a decent mouthwash pmsl!

Last edited:
I think a good gift would be some lovely bump moisturiser!!! Xxx

How about a little gift basket with some of her favourite sweets/chocolate in (for when she doesn't feel ill), a bath bomb or some lovely bubble bath, face mask, hair conditioning mask, candles, and a book like 'what to expect when you're expecting'..cussons do a range called bump and me for mums to be with moisturisers and creams too. Something along those lines so she can pamper herself and read up on your little growing baby. Inexpensive if you want it to be but shows you've really put some thought into it xx

Last edited:
You are really a good man :lol: As a woman, I like beautiful dresses. So I recommend you to buy some dresses that suitable for girls who is pregnant.I usually buy dresses at QueenaBelle. I think you also need to prepare your wedding,it also provides stylish wedding dresses. Your girl friend will feel extremely happy.

Speaking as someone. Who also has pretty bad morning sickness I'm loving my blanket that I can snuggle up with on the sofa. It's huge and soft and fluffy! And ice pops are little miracles! But to be honest right now all I want is help to wash my hair and the basics the tidying the cleaning a clean toilet thata easily accessible is brill! Lol. Good pillows for good sleep to the aches and pains of throwing up are not nice! And a decent mouthwash pmsl!

Thanks for the fluffy blanket advice. She's been having a hell of a rough period with the morning sickness, and wanted to stay off of the pills for as long as possible, but it all overcame her and we had her in the hospital last week. She took in three bags of that IV stuff and when we got her I went and bought her the biggest fluffiest blanket I could find. It's been a massive success, she just won't sleep without it now!!

As for ice pops, in similar vein she's well into glasses of ice at the moment, which is weird but I'll go with any form of fluid intake right now!!

Thanks to all of the ladies that have taken the time to comment with advice and ideas. I really do appreciate it and it's opened my eyes a little to the fact that she doesn't necessarily need paid-for gifts.

I've spent the past week rearranging and painting every room for her and although I'm paying for it with some pretty severe back pain and tiredness, in a weird way she feels a bit better now that I'm suffering physically with her!

I'm also finding that making myself 'emotionally available' (hate that phrase, but I'm man enough to admit to doing it!) to her is helping too.

Anyway, thanks again for your time, it really has helped me shuck off some of that male ignorance that I've been carrying around with me!!

Hehe your welcome x glad I could help! Just being near my hubby is fantastic its lovely x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back