Pregnancy belt??

bute69

Reaction score
Saw my MW on Friday and mentioned the painful pubic bones which I've had for about a Week now. She said I have slight seperation of the pubic bones and it will only get more painful. Oh joy!! She referred me to the physio dept at the Hospital and gave me a letter to give to them requesting a belt. Apparently it moves baby up a little, as my LO sits low. She said it will give instant relief of pressure and pain. She said they'd give me 1 straight away. However, they insisted on making me an apppointment and refused to pass 1 over there and then! I have to wait until Thursday, so still in pain! Anyone had this condition before??

I have SPD and was given a tubigrip thing to lift my bump. I was told the belt wouldn't be so good for me as it is most beneficial when you are stood up and can cause discomfort when you sit down. I work in an office so I'm mostly sat down.

My friend gave me one she had and it did lift up my bump and help a bit but when I sit down it digs in and is painful.

The tubigrip thing helps as well when it is really bad, though it causes braxton hicks and the baby goes a bit nuts when I wear it.

They try to encourage you to do some pelvic and stomach exercises rather than just hand over a support belt.

I've had sone physio and can go back to request a belt if I still feel I need done additional support but as TORino says they aren't useful all the time.

My physio session was really good and she had Sondheim great tips for labour positions that will make SPD less painful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back