Prams/Travel Systems - Confused!

louxlouxbellex

Reaction score
Hey Folks

Have you bought your pram yet? If so what kind? Sorry I'm nosey but I'm totally confused! I'm not sure which is the best type for us. There is so much out there & I don't have a clue.

I'm thinking travel system but I want something light that folds down quite small, we have a new style astra which is an ok size but my dog goes in the boot so I would need something that I could put on the back seat, so I'm not sure if a travel system will be too big.

Also what are your views on buying second hand prams? My cousin's wee boy has just turned one & is now in a buggy, they have said they will sell there Mama's & Papa's Pliko travel system to us for £150 its got a extra rain cover & parasol too. Its not the colour I would have choosen but its in good condition. But I just don't know what to do. I've also noticed a travel system on mothercare see below (looks like it folds down quite small) for £179.99 but maybe the Mama's & Papa's is a better one - I know nothing about the brands!

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

Any advice is much appriecated! :hug:

Lou x

Ive been looking at the Bebe Confort Streety.

Its lightweight and seems to fold small. It also has a carrycot attchment which i want as i dont drive so bubs will be doing alot of walking .

I think second hand prams are fine especially if you know who you are buying from.

The only thing i did here about the Pilko is that it doesnt have a parent facing buggie, so depends if thats important to you or not

I'm probably going to have the graco quattro one but it's neither small or light and probably wouldn't fit in the back seat of a car....especially if there's a baby seat in there too!

I think you just need to go with whatever suits your needs best. Personally I wouldn't have a problem buying a 2nd hand pushchair so long as it was in good condition and suited what I needed so if your friends is better for you then go for that one.

We are going for the Mothercare Atlan model, its got a car seat and a base to put into the car so you dont have to keep messing about undoing the seatbelts etc to get the car seat out.

It is easy to collapse and the mechanism to fold it down is on the handle of the pram so after a bit of practise you can do it one handed. Its cheap as well at £170.

We were also looking at a Graco one, but it was more fiddly to fold down and thats what swung it in the end for us.

I did want the Quinny as it looks really funky and fun, but I think we will be better going for the mothercare one.

Tracey xx

My husband and I saw the one we want in Mothercare the other day. It's an Urban Detour which I think is Mothercars own brand.

I'm like you though, I don't know what I'm looking for. People tell you a load of different things though so we just decided to go have a look and found one we both agreed on which wasn't too expensive.

I wanted a Quinny but they're way too expensive. I do love the look of them though

The Qinny's are so sneaky, it starts off looking quite reasonable, I think the pushchair was about 130, but the car seat was £100, then we would have to get the bases for the car, once we had totted everything up it was adding up to about 400 quid!

It still looks fab though :D

Choosing a pram is quite difficult I think, its the one item where you cant buy blind, you have to get down there and try them all out for size.

Tracey xx

hi,

We have gone for this one. Reasons being we needed that would handle rough terrain, and something where baby would lie completely flat (with more traditional pushchairs where the baby is at an angle, they should only stay like this for 1-2 hours max incase you weren't aware), and also where baby faces us.

Bear in mind, it is safer for baby to be in a rear facing car seat in the back. You can of course put them in a rear facing car seat in the front seat, as long as you don't have an airbag there or as long as the airbag can be deactivated.

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/acatal ... X-H61.html

However, it's quite pricey, but Gracco seem to do something similar in style for much cheaper.

hth

Lisa

Im still fond of the silver cross ones but it doesnt cme with the car seat which is a shame.

Claire x

We've brough this one

pram.jpg

carseat.jpg

http://www.silvercross.co.uk/freeway_linear.php

Its the Silver Cross Freeway Linear - Brought new from Ebay for £340 (Included Car Seat, Pram, Chasis, Changing Bage and Rain Cover)

The reason i chose this one is:
I wanted pram mode for early period after birth
car seat fits on chasis without other baggage!
Wanted pram to face either way again me in early days and when in toddler mode facing forward
Storage under pram
Easy to fold and open
Moving and lockable wheels
Price

Not the smallest you can buy but ticked all the other boxes

Im still fond of the silver cross ones but it doesnt cme with the car seat which is a shame.

What one have you been looking at?[/code]

Thanks Ladies :D I'm going to have a look round the pram shops this weeekend, hopefully it will all become clearer!

Lisamj I didn't know about the angle thing max of 1 - 2 hours! Thanks for telling me, I'm very uneducated when it come to prams :oops:

Urban Detour one from Mothercare for me too - we looked for about 6 weeks and settled on this one cos it seems to tick all the boxes

im still undecided on it all... i decide i like a style/colour/make then i go off it haha preggo brain :wall:

I like the Loola Bebe Confort http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core
because it folds up small, can have baby facing towards me or looking out, the handles move to different positions and it looks nice..
I still keep looking at other prams to check theres not another cheaper pram with car seat attachment that i like but im not finding much i like to be honest also i keep finding the foamy stuff on handle irritates my hands on the 1 bar handled prams but i prefer the 1 bar to 2 handles! Im hopeless lol x

Tracey S said:
The Qinny's are so sneaky, it starts off looking quite reasonable, I think the pushchair was about 130, but the car seat was £100, then we would have to get the bases for the car, once we had totted everything up it was adding up to about 400 quid!

It still looks fab though :D

Choosing a pram is quite difficult I think, its the one item where you cant buy blind, you have to get down there and try them all out for size.

Tracey xx

oopsie! mothercares own car sear fits the buzz, and was only £44, we got our carrycot off a friend for £50! and mum and dad got the pushchair bit.

We'll prolly not use the car seat on the frame anyway as its not good for them to be in one for too long..

cant wait to push it down the street!

we've got the graco tour deluxe pram as it was within budget & ticked the boxes we needed. its not hard to collapse... unless your my mum & playing with it at her house without telling us :lol: only prob is it doesnt collapse to very small but im hoping it will last a long time instead :D

We had a headace looking at prams and I have already had one LO so you would have thought it would be a bit more easy!!!

We tested hundreds of prams (went too the Kiddiecare warehouse which I would reccommend to anyone able to get there) and the Loola streety came out tops for us http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0001_14051

The car seat clips straight onto the frame so is less bulky in travel system mode and the red is a lovely colour.
big pluses for me are one handed folding/opening, small when folded down, easy to hold when folded, sturdy frame, parent and forward facing and most importantly different positions on seat including lie flat.

Mine was a bargin at £179 in store but the price showing on the site is good.

Happy pram hunting!

louxlouxbellex said:
Thanks Ladies :D I'm going to have a look round the pram shops this weeekend, hopefully it will all become clearer!

Lisamj I didn't know about the angle thing max of 1 - 2 hours! Thanks for telling me, I'm very uneducated when it come to prams :oops:

No problem - it's only when they are small as their spine can't supoprt the weight yet. Same applies to baby carriers if you are looking at one. A sling type carrier is much better than the more traditional upright carriers for the same reason.

L x

After much deliberation I think we are going for the Graco Cleo.

It can be a pram or pushchair, comes with a carseat, footmuff and raincover.

The shop I've seen it in it's marked up at £260, but it's an independant shop so I'm planning on haggling on the price :lol:

I don't believe in spending more money than I have to :D

think were getting a buzz, but my parents are paying-otherwise we may have thought about it a little more!!
we only decided after pushing lots of them about and how heavy they were and easy to collapse and hubby liked the maxi cosi car seat- iv heard mixed reviews, but tbh we wont know if its suits us until weve had baby and start using it (first baby)- if it doesnt they certainly seem to retain their price well on ebay!! so if i dont like it ill sell it.
we have 8 days til our scan... then we can pick our colour and order :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back