Advice on best prams?

poppypd

Reaction score
Me and OH have started looking at prams, being a first timer I don't know where to start really. Checking out reviews of silver cross and greco so far and all have good and bad reviews. Anyone with experience from their first time around able to recommend any?

Looking for one that is possibly a travel system too?

xxx

I don't have graco or silver cross, but we went for the Quinny Buzz and I love it! It's a travel system; we bought the car seat and carrycot seperately. It looks like it would be quite bulky and difficult to get around shops etc but I've found it to be brilliant. The manoeuvrability of it is fantastic, I can do a full circle using one hand (shopping basket in the other!)
Poppy also seems very comfortable in it (especially the carrycot part).
It's got a hydraulic system so it unfolds by itself which is SO handy.

I think the only complaints would be that the shopping basket for underneath is a little on the small side, and the frame is fairly heavy, but I've not found either to be an issue. Also, it's a little bit pricey. x

Best thing I found was to go somewhere with lots on display and have a quick go on the ones you liked. Everyone's got different ideas on what they need and why. Really helped me decide what was the best solution for me. You can then check out reviews of the ones you liked on t'internet to help decide.

We chose the Mountain buggy urban jungle because it was super manoeuvrable and really tough.

I had a demonstration of a silver cross one over the weekend and we're off to put a deposit down on it today xx

We have always had Silver Cross, hubby loves them! We have got the 3D travel system this time, however when looking, if you don't have a big car, be sure to check it fits in the boot!! We have an Astra VXR and the 3D only just fits in!! X x x

We have the 3d as well. I love it and it was/is on offer at babies r us. If u get the red one it's £300 with free car seat and if u get the charcoal one it's £300 with half price car seat (full price car seat is £115).

xx

I have the mothercare spin! I seriously love it! So easy to manoeuvre, and Matthew is comfy in it! It's also a travel system which makes life so much easier!
XxX

We got a travel system by Hauck and it's brilliant! It was only £140 from kiddicare and it is absolutely ideal - compact, light, easy to use and pretty :)

My friend has just bought an Oyster push chair. It's really easy to manover even with one hand and turns corners with no problem, nice sturdy wheels too and opens up and folds down no probs which is a big plus for me, can't be faffing with that malarky. Since then i have seen Oyster push chairs everywhere. Not yet, but soon, we will be searching for our pram too.

i'm stuck on prams as well, i did have a silver cross 3d travel system with ds which is a nice pram and i don't want to make anyone feel bad if they are getting one but this time i really want the pushchair to be parent facing and i need to be able to push it one handed so i can still hold jacks hand when crossing the road the silver cross wouldn't be suitable this time.
i really like the look of the obaby zezu but i haven't been to see it yet so still looking x

i'm stuck on prams as well, i did have a silver cross 3d travel system with ds which is a nice pram and i don't want to make anyone feel bad if they are getting one but this time i really want the pushchair to be parent facing and i need to be able to push it one handed so i can still hold jacks hand when crossing the road the silver cross wouldn't be suitable this time.
i really like the look of the obaby zezu but i haven't been to see it yet so still looking x

Didn't your 3D come with the carry cot?? Mines got a carry cot with it, so baby will be facing me x x

Thanks for all replies so far, will definitely look at all these you've mentioned, some I haven't heard of before, so thats great to have first hand reviews. x

I have picked the cosatto walk in the park this time round, my first pram was the graco mirage travel system which was a fantastic pram!

xxx

we went up to toys are us where they have a different brands and played around with a few- in the end i got a graco travel system 'i love my bear' it is brilliant and i love it--- i wanted one with a carrycot because i didn't know but babies shoudnt spend more than two hours in a car seat so that way it wont x

We're definitely going for the Oyster! The frame folds up to be tiny-and will easily fit in my Vauxhall Corsa. Could push around easy (when test driving) you can choose which way baby faces. Wheels are lovely and strong! i think with push chair and car seat its around £380 (not too sure) I wont be getting the carry cot-so i'm not sure on this price!

Didn't your 3D come with the carry cot?? Mines got a carry cot with it, so baby will be facing me x x

yeah i had the carrycot but tbh jack wasn't in there for long he was quite a long baby and outgrew it plus it was summer so he went into the pushchair early i hated not seeing him when i was pushing him x

I got the Graco Delux travel system which is actually sold in Mothercare as there brand with a diff name which was great to find out as i got it on sale for 50 pounds off, Had a good play round with it in the shop a few times and loved it also few friends have the same one and are very happy only concerns were the size folded if you have a small car boot

Have you tried out many yet?

yeah i had the carrycot but tbh jack wasn't in there for long he was quite a long baby and outgrew it plus it was summer so he went into the pushchair early i hated not seeing him when i was pushing him x

Oh right lol, not much chance of our LO being long, me & Ash are both short arses :lol: plus our LO is due in January so she should just about outgrow the carry cot come summer (I hope) x x

yeah they will be in the pram alot longer don't get me wrong it is a nice pram the only other bad thing i found was that when you used the car seat onto the travel system it felt long and quite heavy but i haven't had much experiance tbh maybe they all feel like that lol i still have mine but i used to do avon when jack was little and i think i destroyed it with all the heavy bags and books lol will still use the car seat this time tho x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back