Potty training......HELP!!

Toonlass

Reaction score
Jacob is well over 2year old now and we are getting NOWHERE with this potty malarky!

My eldest was totally dry in the day at Jacobs age and almost dry at night!

He will sit on the potty and the poor bugger tries to wee, he understands what he's supposed to do but it won't happen bless him. So he will wander off and play and he wets himself. He doesn't even know about it till he feels the wee run down his legs.

Is he just not 'ready'? He is the one who asks for the potty so it kinda baby led iykwim.

Im worried it's coz of the problems with his willy :cry: xx

I tried forcing potty training on Lacey from 2 cos mum told me she should've been trained by then but she was no where near ready!
She just learnt one day out of the blue, I think she was 2 years and 8 months. She sat on the potty and did a wee so I clapped and kept saying yay so she got excited and kept going every 5 mins as a game!
Maybe J's just not ready yet.
Not sure what advice I can give cos like I said with lace it just happened, nothing I tried worked! x x

Jude is 2yrs 6mnths and not potty trained and neither are most of his boy mates. Some of the girls are. His cousin who is 2yr 8 mnths isnt either but hes taken an interest. If jude is naked we will get the potty and he will wee standing up...then runs off forgets and wees and poos on the floor! Honestly darlin dont worry I really dont think there is anything wrong xxx

toon i read that if the nappy is dry regulary after a afternoon nap its a sign they r getting ready. of course ive got no experience tho, maybe hes not ready x

Does he indicate when his nappy is soiled? thats the first stage of knowing that they are ready. When you begin to potty train they will wee everywhere - but thats the lesson... knowing that they get wet and connecting the sensation to getting on the potty.

If he is showing no awareness to his nappy being soiled then stop and try him again in a month, one tip - dont use pull ups! waste of time as they are basically like a nappy and the point of weeing his pants is to be uncomfortably wet.

Finally all children are different so dont stress or compare to when others were toilet trained

x good luck

Maybe hes just not ready.. Just keep trying him everynow and then. My eldest sound like yours he was completely dry and 2 etc no problems but they were ust obviously ready alot earlier. Does it bother him when hes dirty or wet? With my son we woke up one monday morning and Is been telling him all week his nappys were going. Monday he has 8 accidents! Tuesday he had 4! And wednesday he was completely dry and clean. I think you just have to wait till he ready but like someone else said I wouldnt bother with pull up pants as theyre not feeling the wetness then so they dont know theyve done it.

Thanks ladies.

He seems to know when he is soiled but only once it's uncomfortable, like if I don't notice strait away.

I've bought some cheap undies for him so if he wets in them it's going to be uncomfortable and he will notice. I'm not bothered about getting pee everywhere coz we have laminate flooring so it will clean up easily.

I'll let you know how I get on xx

Hey,

Sounds a bit like what AJ was like.
He used to ask for toilet and not do anything till he'd got off. I'd still put him on though!
Then he started to hate having his nappy changed, even if he'd soiled and was uncomfortable it was a battle.
I had a potty but he didn't like it so took him to choose his own. The following day we went nappy free (in just a vest :)), put them in the bin said they were for babies. We had 2 accidents :) Pull ups for bed time. I constantly asked if he needed the loo and took plenty of spare clothes when we went out in undies and the potty in the car :lol:
AJ has not long been dry through the night now, he just decided he was a big boy and he didn't need a pull up!
Sorry thats a bit long :wall2:

Good luck :D Looking forward to updates.

It's clear that he is not ready. Every child has their own pace and are unique... don't give up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back