Potential stupid question ...

flexilexi394

Reaction score
In my scan letter it said "you will not need a full bladder as other ways may be an option for you." so does thst mean first scans are internal? I'm confused :( x

Not sure Hun,my scan letter says drink 1-2 pints an hour b4 the appt xx

Ohh. I don't want an internal one or anything! How annoying x

Mine doesn't say anything bout drinking or my bladder! I might give them a call tomorrow to find out.

I think when they can't find baby (if you're having an early one) they do it internally, I think..?!

Hmm I would give them a call if I were you hun. At 11 or 12 weeks I thought they would give you an abdominal scan first with a full bladder then if they were unable to get enough detail get you to empty it for an internal. Hospital letters really annoy me, they should explain in detail so that if they are going to do an internal examination you know what is going to happen before turning up on the day.

This will b my 4th dating scan and never needed an internal 1,think the only time they do 1 is if ur quite early on xxx

I did the drink at least a pint 1 hour before and I was fine :) got some great pics too :)

Think I'm going to call them as I have no idea at all if I am having an internal or abdominal?! So strange. It's not thst early on it's about the time you have them I thought! Hmm x

Mine says I do not need a full bladder either.

Hmmm mrs b, wonder what they are planning on doing to us?! Haha wonder if that means we are having an internal. Really wish they would just specify! I am going to call them. X

i dont know but i did have internals before and the scan u get is amaazzzinngg :D lol xx

OK - reading this hospital letter again, it says a full bladder is not needed for any pregnancy scans. im really intregued to know why! x

It only a thought but it may be because sometimes the bladder can b too full 4 them so they send u off 4 a wee and then it's too empty so u have to start drinkin water to get it to how they want it so maybe at ur hospital they find it easier for u to come wiv an empty ish bladder so u can drink water as they need u 2 xxx

i never needed a full bladder cud just b diff hosps policies.... as for the internal its no bother ... ur gonna lose all ur dignity anyway so the earlier u lie back and spread them legs the quicker ull get used to it ;) hahaha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back