Scan date...

Pudds86

Reaction score
Finally got my scan date through today! It is on the 18th May....AGGEES AWAAAYY...but excited and scared!

Bit confused though as i asked midwife about getting good scan pics and she said to go with a full bladder and it would be fine-But- my letter from the hosp says not to come with a full bladder? i thought this was a bit weird??

xxx

wow i bet you are fair excited. i always had to have a full bladder when went for scan it helps them see things better so dont understand why midwife said not too

No the midwife said to but the letter says it is not necessary? strange as everyone i know who has had one it advises them to drink water before going? xx

Just read my letter and it says 'please also attend with a full bladder, which is important for your planned ultrasound scan'.
Got mine on the 25th may, now that's ages away!

iv got mine on the 11th may,

the letter says drink 1 1/2 pints of water before hand or they wont do it without a full to bursting point bladder,

i wana pee my self just thinkin about 1 1/2 pints of water never mind drinkin all that?!?!?!?!

x

I'd go with a full bladder just in case, they can ask you to wee a little and you can do that quite quickly but drinking to fill a bladder if you go with an empty one will take time x

my letter also said drink a pint and 1/2!! i would and if you dont need too then you could go for a wee when your there

sexyamy mine is also the 11th may x

louise280981:
my midwife said my due date is the same as yours the 21st november, but based on my dates i made it the 22nd, if our scans show the same time it will be a race to see who pops first!! lol xxx

Your uterus will be out of the pelvis by then hun so I don't think filling your bladder will be necessary, in fact if its too full it can distort it :lol:

i've gotta wait till the 1st of june for my scan appointment :( now thats ages away my midwife told me to go with full bladder though

Mine said drink a litre of fluid an hour before the scan o_O

And mines 10th June xD

iv got mine on the 11th may,

the letter says drink 1 1/2 pints of water before hand or they wont do it without a full to bursting point bladder,

i wana pee my self just thinkin about 1 1/2 pints of water never mind drinkin all that?!?!?!?!

x

Mines on 11th May too! :) But my letter said nothing about drinking/bladder and neither did my midwife! Stoopid!:wall2:

im really not looking forward to this whole full bladder thing, i dont see how im going to be able to relax on the table and enjoy seeing my baby when ill be busting for a wee wee it doesnt help that i have what i think must be a really small bladder, a pint maximum and i am busting ARGH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back