Must drink water..... please help

Leana

Reaction score
Hello,

Now I know this may sound a rather stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway!

I have a scan next week and on the letter it states I need to drink water to make it easier. But rather than saying 6 glasses 1 hour before it just says "comfortably full"..... which isn't very clear!

How much should I drink?
And when should I drink it, an hour before? Two?

Any guidence would be greatfully received.

Thanks
Leana

:D Yay! Just seen your from Yeovil! I love it there LOL Im from Shepton always shop in Yeovil when I go to visit my parents in Somerset!

Anyways with your question,,,I just drank about 3small bottles of water one before leaving one on the way and one just before going in and my scan pics were lovley and clear. :)

Hi,

I've just been for my scan today and was told to drink about 1 1/2 pints half an hour before, but I drank them a bit late (although I suppose by the time we were seen it'd been about 25 mins) and I didn't have a full bladder in the slightest. No where near in fact, but the woman said it was OK as she could just push down a bit harder if she could find it.

To have a full bladder, I'd say 2 pints about 40/50 mins before, but that might just be me!

Ive drank a litre before all mine and got excellent pictures :eek:) xxx

I went along to my scan and I was told that I didn't need a full bladder!! I made sure I drank plenty all day but icreased it about an hour prior I made sure I drank loads.

He said about not needing a full bladder but our scan pictures were so clear and I wondered if that was anything to do with me having a full bladder!!

My scan letter said to drink a pint of water an hour before the scan, which I did and suffered miserably as I was absolutely desperate for a pee by the time I was called in for my scan - she sent me off to empty my bladder half way through as couldnt press hard enough......

I would suggest buying a bottle of water and drinking it in the car on the way - thats what I did for my 20 week scan!!

in my apppointment letter for 12-week scan it said "follow instructions attached" but they never attached any!!! i did not know i had to have a full bladder but reading here in the pf i realised i should. on the day i had a few sips as water was making me feel very sick! and my scan pics were great. very clear.

for my 20-week scan i'll try to drink more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back