Potato Recepies please

Melly+2

Reaction score
I love tatties and they are a big part ofmy diet but i dont seem to do much with them as i really dont know what i can do with them apart from, boil or microwave them, i do make a potato bake with them but im looking for something a bit different to do with thm, and im quite fancying some tatties for my dinner so if anyone could give me some ideas for some siple things that taste great would be much appreciated, thanks muchly :hug:

These are fab!!!

Roasted chilli potatoes
Method 1. Place the potatoes in a large pan and just cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.

3. Place the oil or fat in a large roasting tin towards the top of the oven to heat thoroughly.

4. Drain the potatoes thoroughly (you can reserve the water for gravy, stock or soup). Place the potatoes back into the pan and shake vigorously to soften the edges, or you can scratch them with a fork.

5. Remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the potatoes. Turn them quickly in the oil then cook at the top of the oven for 50-60 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking until crisp and golden on the outside and soft in the centre.

6. Drain and sprinkle with salt, pepper and hot chilli powder or smoked paprika. Serve immediately.

and check this out lol
http://www.britishpotatoes.co.uk/recipes/

Here's some C+P from my collection!

POTATO RECIPES

EASY TORTILLA

Thinly slice 700g cooked potatoes. Fry 1 sliced onion in 1 tbsp oil until soft and golden, then mix together with the potatoes and a 280g jar drained, sliced peppers. Season, then layer in a large frying pan, pour over 6 beaten eggs and gently cook on the hob for 10 minutes until the base and edges have set. Put under a hot grill to set the top, and then slice into wedges and serve hot or cold.

SPICY POTATO CAKES

Oil and mash 500g potatoes, mix with 100g peas, 1 deseeded, chopped green chilli, a handful chopped coriander, 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger, half tsp garam masala, a pinch turmeric and half tsp cumin. Shape into small patties. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and fry gently on both sides for 4 minutes until browned.

CHUNKY CHEESE PASTIES

Cut 2 large potatoes into chunks and boil for 15 minutes. Drain and mix with 100g grated cheddar, 1 chopped fried onion and 1 tbsp chopped sage. Roll out a 500g block puff pastry to 40cm square, trim the edges and cut into 4 squares. Fill each square with the potato mix, brush edges with beaten egg, then press together to seal. Brush tops with egg, then bake at 180 for 15 minutes until golden.

SPICY WEDGES

Cut 4 large unpeeled potatoes into wedges and coat with a mixture of 5 tbsp olive oil, juice 1 lemon, quarter tsp paprika, 1 tsp chilli powder, half tsp each cumin and coriander. Arrange on a lipped tray and bake at 200C for 30-40 minutes, shaking occasionally until brown and crisp.

TAPAS-STYLE POTATOES

Fry half chopped onion with 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 deseeded chopped red chilli and 1 tsp dried oregano until the onion is soft. Add 1 tsp tomato puree, a 227g can chopped tomatoes, quarter tsp sugar and a pinch each paprika and chilli powder. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir through about 300g leftover chopped potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes to heat the potatoes through.

ooooo these sound so yum, still trying to decide what i want lol

Found this one and it looks yummy, its soooo easy to make aswell and you hardly need anything.
Might try it myself tomorrow.

Potato Stew recipe
information
490 calories per serving

ingredients
800 g (1 3/4 lb) potatoes
100 g (4 oz) rindless streaky bacon
225 g (8 oz) onions
1 tablespoon paprika
salt
generous pinch of cayenne
300 ml (1 3/4 pint) meat stock
2 teaspoons caraway seeds
150 ml (1/4 pint) pint soured cream

method
1. Peel, wash and cube the potatoes. Finely chop the bacon and fry it in a large frying pan until crisp. Chop the onions and fry them in the bacon fat until golden. Add the potato, season with paprika, salt and cayenne and fry for a few minutes, stirring continuously.

2. Heat the stock and add it to the potatoes with the caraway seeds. Cook over a low heat for 20-25 minutes. Stir in the soured cream and season liberally to taste.

New potatoes can be substituted for the old ones in this recipe. Select small, even-sized potatoes and scrub or scrape them before cooking whole, as above.

I make these for OH

Chop some potatoes into chunky cubes and part boil until they are a bit 'fluffy'. Drain and give them a really good shake in the sieve. Heat some olive oil in a baking tray and add crushed garlic, s+p and some chopped coriander. Chunk in your potatoes and roast in the oven until crispy brown.
They are like mini roasty garlic chips!! Yummy!

ooo all of these have garlic which is ace as its my fave,m unfortunatly my tummy cant cope with it but it will have to suffer they all sound so yummy
wheres the belly rubbing smiley :cheer:

Corn Beef Hash!!

Boil some potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with a little milk and butter

Chop some Corn Beef into small cubes and mix together with the potatoes and some baked beans.

Put the mixture into an oven-proof dish and bake for 15-20 mins!

Yuuuuuuuum :D

mmmm my dinner was mint. Like and orgasm in my mouth :cheer:

MAKE COLCANNON

Traditional irish..thing

Boil some cabbage and spuds, mash em all together, fry a load of bacon, cut that up and chuck it in.

Eat with tons of butter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back