Postpartum heart issues anyone?

MelissaLindley

Reaction score
This is driving me crazy and pretty much ruining my life at the mo and I'd love to know I'm not alone?

During my pregnancy I had tachycardia and then postpartum I've had palpitations ( the ones that feel like a skipped beat but are actually a extra beat and it feels like a big thud) and yesterday I got up and went to brush my teeth and my heart was out of rhythm....it was thudding and fluttering a completely random pattern.....of course I was terrified! It happened another eight times that day....lasted about 10 seconds each time. I had an ecg at the doctors which was of course fine because I wasn't having them then. I have a cardio appt in a couple of weeks but it's really starting to scare me. Btw I wasn't anxious prior to all this so I know it's not due to that.

:(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have any exp of this myself hun.

:hug:

Hope everything is ok

XX

I will be keeping an eye on this thread- I went tachycardic during my labour, & my heart rate hasn't yet returned to normal, 3 weeks on. I will be interested to read others experiences. :)

Have you had your thyroid blood tests done? I believe this can increase your heart rate along with other symptoms.

Have you had your thyroid blood tests done? I believe this can increase your heart rate along with other symptoms.

Yeah apparently it's fine. :banghead:

Hope81 should be able to advise! Hopefully she'll be along soon!!

Xx

I had this during my labour, I got a full blood test done the week after I had my daughter and I had a bit of a thyroid problem, had to wait three months and get retested as it can just be pregnancy related. Had the test last week. Have to phone on Monday for the results, if they come back normal then I am getting a monitor thing fitted for 24 hours.. cant remember what it is called as I am still getting palpitations four months on. I had an ecg too and it was fine. did you know that if you are having anything with caffeine in it, this can cause your palpations, including chocolate etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for replies ladies.
Apparently my thyroid is fine, I've cut out all caffeine (not that I ever had any anyway) and trying to drink plenty of water.
I'm wondering if it might be worse around ovulation and half of it is due to hormones? I hope it just goes away :(

Hi Melissa, I've been suffering with anxiety related palpitations since Harry was born but stupidly haven't seen my
GP about it yet! I even had an 'episode' at the gym yesterday which was scary, I can literally feel jittery and nervy for no reason and my heart flutters and thuds x

Hi chick

Well when i fell pregnant i developed SVT superventricular tachycardia which is a fast heart rate mine hits 178, it also brought health anxiety, because i felt i was going to die from it which led to panic attacks :(

I even hit svt in delivery, and under s cardio dr at the hospitsl, every dsy i get a sudden feeling of a big rush/drop so im assuming its my heart xx

I had a friend recently pass away due to this condition, she ended up having a pacemaker and was on the transplant list.

She spent most of her time in hospital to I'll to look after her baby as she wanted to.

She died suddenly.

She was only 21.

Please get yourselfs checked out.

Oh that's awful so sorry. Though now I'm kinda terrified o_o

I had a friend recently pass away due to this condition, she ended up having a pacemaker and was on the transplant list.

She spent most of her time in hospital to I'll to look after her baby as she wanted to.

She died suddenly.

She was only 21.

Please get yourselfs checked out.

Now everyone on this thread is shitting themselves!
Nobody knows that this poor lady had what any of you are describing, there are multiple heart conditions!
Everyone who is worried should see their GP xx

I wa going to say the same as Cos. I myself have a heart condition and I suffer palpitations. But mine is non life threatening it just means half a beat of my heart has to travel a different way round. Palpitations can be bought on purely by stress. Like cos said there are numerous things it could be so just get yourself checked out.

Xx

Flo that was a bit harsh to put on here, im sorry but comments like that frighten people and maybe you should have chosen words correctly. To blunt!

Ladies dont panic please, anxiety n palpitations is quite common in pregnancy and after, hormones rage through your body, your heart has to work harder, your blood volume gets bigger, your body goes in over drives, your body isnt used to all the raging hormones so your body develops anxiety, i was terrible in pregnancy with it all and because im breast feeding, palpatations come regular if i dont drink n eat properly. Xx

i get palpitaions quite alot and at times it feels like i can feel every beat of my heart. IT last for about 5 minutes (or so it feels) and then goes. Its just a murmur i have. my mum has one as well andeveloped during pregnancy. Been told i have nothing to worry about but id deffo go and get checked and try not to stress either.

Thanks for the replies ladies. I just wish they would go away. I've had a lot of ectopic beats today and they are terrifying me. I know I'm supposed to ignore them but tbh they're starting to ruin my life....I'm so fed up of being scared :'(

i lived like this for ages... i had ecg done and they said my hb is irregular but nothing concerning.

i do suffer from anxiety sometimes though so most of mine is down to that, when im going through a stage in my life where anxiety isn't present i hardly ever get it... just ask dr to check it.

i thought any day i was going to drop down dead it was horrible but when i thought that i made them worse!

try to busy yourself with housework, baby, washing... anything just to see if it calms down... i visualize myself at a happy time of my life ( not that im not happy now but visualsing myself now wouldn't work)
i see myself as a size 12...(something i will never be again if i sit eating rubbish at 9am) and running round a field after my kids, playing and laughing it really helps... because thats when im happiest, carefree.
This sometimes stops anxiety and even brings my bp down within a few mins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back