Hosp appt today

AliCat

Reaction score
Was back at the hopsital again this morning to get the results from the urine and blood tests and to find out what's going on with these palpitations. According to the registrar, my heart beat is fast so I was sent for an ECG. Had that done and it was normal apart from fast heart beat. Urine results came back normal this time thankfully.
I've been put on a course of iron tabs for a week now as the registrar reckons I'm anaemic, and have to go back in 2 weeks. The doseage is strong - 3 200mg tabs a day. I hate taking stuff as I'm always scared of the side effects.

Well thats good news for your results, i am on iron too although im a naughty girl and only take one every now and then (please dont think i am saying this is ok as i know its not im just rubbish with meds) iron affects people in different ways, ie you are either constipated or it makes you go, it makes me go with i guess is the lesser of 2 evils :think:
I hope you dont get many side affects, try eating dried apricots and give up drinking tea and coffee :wink:

Glad your results came back ok. I'm on iron tablets and don't seem to have any effects from it other than black poo! (sorry way TMI!!). I'd recommend the tablets because I find they give you that little bit more energy and leave you feeling less tired. Hope they work for you! :hug:

Hi girls, thanks for your advice and reassurance! I've had 2 tabs today, thought it was best to get them started straight away. I don't mind if I get the runs as I'm used to that anyway due to suffering from IBS. The constipation may be a bit of a nightmare, but there's stuff I can buy over the counter for that or eat more fruit and veg. I know that it makes poo black too, so not too worried about that.
Go to go back to 2 weeks, so they'll probs want more blood from me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back