Had my heart test results today :-(

fran_23

Reaction score
:shock: Its not good news! i had a 24 hour ambulatory ecg monitering my heart on 23/24 june and i saw the cardiologist today and he confirmed i have sinus tachycardia,they are a worried because my normal resting heart rate is between 98-103BPM when it should be about 70 but also as shown on the ecg now and then my heart short circuits and goes really fast- at one point it was 196bpm..he told me this could cause me to blackout..i now have to have an ultrasound on my heart to look at all the chambers etc, and an ecg for a week, so they can see more if theres a patternt to it and if there is something wrong with my heart they can operate on otherwise i'll be put on drugs for it. I'm scared :-(

Oh Hun,

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Don't be scared! I know a few people who have had this and they are fine! My Uncle had it and went for a procedure to regulate his heart rate and he's not looked back since! At least they have been able to diagnose it and now they are doing something about it............you'll be fine!

Thank you- i'm sure it'll be fine its just a bit worrying when you hear certain key words!!

:hug: :hug:

aww hun im sorry u have had that kind of bad news :hug: :hug: :hug: i hope the further tests go okay i'll be4 thinking of you hun :hug: :hug: :hug: keep us updated :hug: :hug:

aww love im sure you'll be your a tough cookie 8)
thinking of you hun and hope the next tests will come back with positive result
:hug: :hug:

Awwww Fran

Firstly :hug: to you!

Try not to worry too much - I know it is easier said then done, but the more you worry the more your heart will work as your body gets worked up.
I know a few people like this and they are all perfectly fine now after the appropriate treatments

oh hon, i'd been wondering how it had gone - didn't realise you'd get the results back so soon...

at least you know that they're looking after you. keep us posted sweetie

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the replies and the hugs girls :)

purple13 said:
oh hon, i'd been wondering how it had gone - didn't realise you'd get the results back so soon...

at least you know that they're looking after you. keep us posted sweetie

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was there to get the results from my 24 hour ECG in june from another consultant who reviewed them.

did you girls go shopping in the end? x

Hi, i work in Cardiology, and we often do 24hr monitors on pregnant woman so you are not alone. The echo is quite straight forward, just some cold jelly on your chest and looking at your heart on the screen. It is exactly the same as the ultrasound on your baby, except it is your heart. They often do these tests as a precaution.

DDS said:
Hi, i work in Cardiology, and we often do 24hr monitors on pregnant woman so you are not alone. The echo is quite straight forward, just some cold jelly on your chest and looking at your heart on the screen. It is exactly the same as the ultrasound on your baby, except it is your heart. They often do these tests as a precaution.

Hi :wave: thank you :) i'm not pregnant though..lol i better not be!
I'm having the echo to see if they can find a cause for my tachycardia.

ohmygosh that must be terrifying :( im sorry, i hope they can sort it with drugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back