post partum haemorrhage

suzzi

Reaction score
i think this is what i had with my daughter, is it where the placenta dosent come out in one go?? i had some still left inside and had to go to theatre to had it removed as i was bleeding.

if it is do you think its likely to happen again x x

The post partum haemorrage is actually where you lose more than 500ml of blood after delivery and retention of part of the placenta can be one cause of it - the likelyhood of it happening again depends on why it happened the first time round - did you have a natural third stage of labour or have the injection to help with placenta delivery?

Even though i had the injection the placenta still wouldnt come out so it caused a post partum haemorrhage, a loss of 1000ml of blood.
I never had this with my son but im not sure on the chances of it reoccurring after it has happened once x x

Yeah sometimes the injection can actually be the problem as it is speeding up the third stage and may result in some of the placenta being left behind especially if the midwifes have tried to pull on the cord to help bring the placenta out.

had the injection after dd, apparently membranes that supply blood from body to placenta didnt come away so were still bleeding x had to go to theartre and have them removed then was on a drip x x

I was speaking to a midwife at the hospital today and she said the more interventions that a woman has throughout the labour the more likely it is she will bleed after 3rd stage as the uterus becomes irritated - when you get the injection sometimes the placenta does not have time to fully come away - but I would speak to your midwife to see if they think it might happen again.

i had this hun with my second they told me my chances of it happening again are very small but just incase they are putting me on a drip and i have to have a hospital birth also im not allowed a induction as they are worried that it may cause the same problem xxx

thanks thats really interesting ill mention it to MW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back