Post mortem results - amniotic band disruption sequence

Fiona1985

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wanted to let you all know finally went to the hospital for our PM results on Thursday.

Baby Emily died from something called amniotic band disruption sequence. This is caused when the inner lining of the sac splits and as the baby grows it gets tangled up in it and this impedes its growth and can cause all kinds of awful problems. Some of Emily's fingers and toes on her right side didn't grow properly, she also had bands of tissue wrapped around her left side which caused a cleft palate and some band markings on her left foot.

The good news is she was otherwise healthy and her chromosomes were normal.

Been on such a roller coaster since May but finally feel like we can start to move forward.

Love to you all xx

It's good to finally get some answers as to why you lost your precious baby. Is it 'just one of those things' or can it be prevented/treated in future pregnancies?

It's just one of this things. Down to chance. Hopefully there will be a next time and I will get my healthy baby. :pray:

xx

That's a relief for you Fiona, hope you don't have to wait too long for your forever baby xxxx

Hi, thinking of you xx
Sending lots of vibes for a beautiful rainbow baby for you xx

Glaf that you have some answers! Hope you get you healthy bean very soon! Xx

I'm glad you had some answers hunny and can hopefully you can try and move on big hugs xxxxxxx

Thanks everyone. The hospital have prescribed me the extra high does of folic acid as a precaution and I am also waiting for them to contact me regarding a few antibodies in my blood but fingers crossed everything will be okay and we can start trying again soon.

:yay:

So sorry this happened to your baby girl. Good luck with trying again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back