Post ERPC

Overthemoon2

Reaction score
As some of you may be aware I suffered a MC on 1/2/15, I had medical management and was allowed home the following day once bleeding had settled. I had a follow up review on 12/2/15 which showed the miscarriage to be incomplete and signs of infection so I was kept in for an emergency ERPC and kept in overnight on antibiotic IV drip. I was discharged on Friday with some oral antibiotics to take till Tuesday (co-amoxiclav). Has anyone else had these after a MC? I just want to know how you felt on them? Wow! I feel shocking! They make me feel like I'm struggling for breath, however my pulse feels like it's racing. I feel light headed / not with it half the time and few as though I'm slurring and I have pain in my left neck/shoulder. Oh I also keep weeing even though I've hardly drank any fluids! Is this all normal? I really don't want to have to ring the unit to be told I have to go to A&E or something. I've had enough now, I just want this nightmare over with. 😭😢😭😢

what a bloody awful time you've had. I must admit, I always went for erpc (had 3 in the end) as so scared of the medical management stories I'd heard. Once the erpc is done, you should start to get better, but I'd say its probably how ill you've been making you feel the way you are rather than the co-amoxiclav. It is totally possible it doesn't suit you and no-one else's experience with it can tell you if you are having an adverse reaction to it. You need to rest and recuperate, and don't underestimate how severe it is to have an internal infection like the one you've had.

I'm so sorry its been such a rough ride for you. x

Speaking as a nurse ........ I would say you need to see someone as it sounds like you're either taking an allergic reaction to the antibiotics or they're not the right antibiotics and the infection is causing your symptoms. Don't leave this alone, please seek medical advice xx

I seem to be feeling a little better this afternoon, I'm not struggling for breath although my pulse rate is up and down (I do suffer anxiety so could this be due to that?) I don't feel poorly enough at the moment to warrant hospital intervention, however if I don't feel any better tomorrow I shall definitely give them a ring x I'm hoping a day in bed being weighted on should help my recovery x

Aha ok, maybe just an anxiety attack then. Please see your GP tomorrow though if not any better sweetie xx

Oh gosh, hope you start feeling better hun xx

Feeling a bit better today, just a bit uncomfortable in the tummy region. Last day of antibiotics tomorrow so will see how I am once those are finished x

Just to let you all know I'm feeling much better now. My body feels almost back to pre-pregnancy and I'm ready to jump back on the band wagon :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back