Post-caesarean questions

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Did you suffer with back pain? I do, but have attributed this to a rather large chest but I am getting very bad back pain at night and on waking. It's worse when I take deep breaths and reach for things. It's mainly lower back pain but also around my ribs.

Did you do any exercises and have you got any advice for me?
I know I need to be strenthening my abdominal muscles but feel worried I might do it wrong and injure myself.. can anyone recommend any books/DVDs?

Thanks.

:wave: Beatlesfan

I had a C section 10 days ago and i get a bit of lower back pain but nothing too major. Sometimes it feels a bit like the start of labour again?!?
I too have a rather large chest - they were a G cup before my milk came in but god knows what size they are now!!! But I think its more to do with the op than the boobage.
As for exercises, tightening your pelvic floor is a good one.
Also, "mini" situps. So lie on the floor as though you were going to do a sit up but literally lift your head up only a couple of inches and then return to the floor.
Then in the same lying position, lift your hips off the floor an inch or so, pushing your back into the floor as you do so.
I had a physio come round to show me these exercises before i left the hospital.

Hope this helps!
:hug: :hug:

hey honey :hug: i was gonna say they shoulda given you some exercises to do when you were discharged from hospital - anything that gently exercises your muscles is good - it along time ago now but i seem to remember enjoyin goin swimmin and usin the water to help me exercise my stomach muscles...just don't try and do too much too soon and take it easy xxxx :hug:

They did give me a sheet of exercises but the recommended date for post C section was whey too early - I could hardly stand at the point. Also I would have liked to have been shown how to do them properly. diagrams and words aren't always clear.

I will do some exercises, and take it easy and gently. I wish there was a DVD for us post C section mums. God knows there are enough fitness DVDs out there....

Thanks for your words of advice. J-Do1979 - how are you fairing after your c section? are you still breastfeeding? How are you coping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back