baby weight gain

sayer82

Reaction score
My baby who's 10 weeks today was born weighing 8lbs 10oz lost 4oz but was back up to birth weight at 2 weeks old and yesterday weighed 11lbs 7oz but has dropped from 75th percentile to the 50th percentile and they want me to go back in 2 weeks to get weight checked and to make sure she's not dropped another percentile now I'm worrying. She was on breast milk for 1st 2 weeks I was expressing as she wouldn't latch but I decided to switch to formula. She's not a big eater will take between 650-850 per day I don't know what else I can do to make her eat more/gain more weight she sleep well at night and is alert and smiley when awake has plenty of wet and poo nappies anyone else had this? I had gestational diabetes iwould this make a difference to her weight and weight gain in the beginning?

I didn't want to read and run hun but your hv is gonna keep an eye on her they may put her in a high calorie milk of she drops again xx

Try not to worry hun, my little girl waa always slow at gaining weigh and dropped to the 9th centile x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

I would continue to have her weighed. If she keeps on track the way she is gaining now, I woukdn't worry. Xx

She's been gaining 5-6oz a week and when I had my 8 week check they said she was doing fine and this weight gain was good and the hv said with regards to her daily amounts that this was also fine that LO will take what she wants/needs but the health visitor I saw yesterday was a different one to who I've seen all the other times before. I'm really stressing about it think I might call my normal hv to come see me and give me some reassurance

Hello,
I think its not related to worry,
Babies mostly gained wait slowly...

Last edited:
hello...my LO was born same day as yours weighing 8lb 4 and weighs 11lb 9 today, so very similar...HV siad she is gaining at a nice steady pace and nothing to be worried about in fact they said she's doing great!

xx

We had a weight problem wit harrison, he dropped from the 50th centile to the 2nd so we had to go to hospital, there was nothing worng with him and the doctor said that some babies are born too heavy and they readjust over the first few weeks. The hv also said it was coz the little guy is so active that he burns off calories and some babies are just skinny!! Try not to worry if worst came to worst they would put him on fortified milk to boost up the weight!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back