Possible Labour?

v11kae

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Might sound nuts but i am having a lot of labour signs. Stiff yesterday and today it started off with back pain and period like cramps. Now its progressed onto pains every 15 minutes and my bump has been solid since t time. I havent had a show so this is making me think i must be wrong or doesnt everyone have one right at the start?

argghhhhhhh lol!

Hey Vik,

Have you had BH before? When i was 38 wks i had exactly the same kind of thing happen and i truly thought i was going into labour despite not having a show.

My stomach was like a rock and i had really strange cramps every 20 mins or so. I called MW and was told to take some paracetamol, take a bath and try and get some sleep in case i did go into labour.

I did all this (after walking up and down my lounge for 2 hrs and bouncing on my ball!) and although the cramps continued until i fell asleep they seemed to subside by morning.

Try to stay active but be aware that actual contractions don't ease up or slow down when you lie down or rest - if this is it good luck hun!

Phone your MW if you're worried.

Lots of love Juz xxx

Eeeeekkkk how exciting, not that i'm an expert (far from it) but from what I understand you may not necessarily get a show straight away or you may have had some but just not noticed, it could have happened a couple of weeks ago, so it certainly doesn't mean you haven't gone into the first stages of labour, keep an eye on it (like you wouldn't! :lol: ) as they say babies tend to come at night so it could be tonight.

I guess the next stage is waiting for your waters to break but again this happens at different times for everyone, maybe you should give your maternity ward a call and see what they say or wait a few hours and see how things progress. Fingers crossed! :D

Nicki.x :D

Hey Juzza,

Yeah, experiences BH since about 30 weeks but this is a lot more intense and my stomach is staying solid the whole day although is gets harder when i get the pains.

Been walking about and bounced on my ball too, gonna try the advice of paracetamol and rest for a bit just incase I need my energy!

Definitely rest up while you can - good luck hun - let us know how you get on tonight!

Lots of love Juz xxx

still here guys! lol

Had a midwifes appointment yesterday and really confused. I was told around now i would be seeing the midwife weekly and they would start checking on how things were downstairs but they didnt. Midwife also didnt have a feel about my tummy although i thought this might be because i had a scan also.
I asked the sonographer about engagement etc they said they cant tell that from the scan. just that the baby is fine.

When given aother appointment they gave me for 2 weeks away and said see you then if your still here after only checking blood pressure and taking blood?

Is this normal?

Hiya!

I thought you'd gone into labour after the other night you little minx - don't do that i was getting thoroughly jealous!

I made sure that i saw my MW every week for the last 3 wks. When i saw her at 37 she tried to schedule me for 39 wks and obviously we like to know that everything is ok so i said "oh 2wks is a while i'll be 39 wks then" and she kind of acted surpirsed and said "oh of course, i'll book you in for next wk".

I think sometimes they can forget how far along you are especially if its during clinic and they see so many mums.

It could just be that you're doing really well and there's no need for you to see anyone - especially if you've had a scan and that was good.

If i were you i'd book myself an appt for a weeks time - if you turn up and they're surprised to see you just play ignorant and say that it must be your baby brain!

Juz xxx

Hey Juzza,

My bump certainly doesnt wat anyone getting jelous ad is making sure of that! lol

I didnt mention the the midwife i thought i would be comg wekly etc etc especially since i get 4 weekly scans to keep an eye on everything cause of a scare i had at 13 weeks.

Thing is, all my antenatal apointments are at the hospital and have never had onne at my doctors, so its my actual midwife who books it for me while i am there. Would feel silly just turnning up at docs oe day sayig hey, check me out and tell me how I am going. I switched my docotr at the start of my pregnancy also and have only met them once in my life! lol

Hopefully I will go into labour soon and wont have to wait!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - with only 11 days it could be any time soon!

Can you not make an appt through the hospital though?

My mw comes to my house but i can make appointments to go into the antenatal clinic if i want to at hospital.

Otherwise just ring your mw back and tell her your concerns - i'm sure they don't mind especially when its your first baby.

It's important that you're happy about the level of care you get - never be afraid to ask to be seen otherwise they think everything is fine and dandy as i discovered last week!

Juz xxx

Still here,

Dont want to appear a pain inn the backside so will leave calling MW for now ad see hoow it goes. Your getting awfully close Juzza any sigs???

Think i've been losing my show over the last two days but i know that can be ongoing as it can rebuild apparently. Also been getting some sharp cramps - seeing the mw at 2 so hopefully she'll tell me he's engaged or better still i'm actually in labour and about to give birth but i have a condition which stops you from feeling contractions (hee hee)

Juz xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back