popping in

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hi all, thought i'd pop in and say hi; have a poorly baby at the moment she got weakness in ears and on a possible third ear infection poor love, any suggestions as how I can bath her and wash her hair without getting water near ears would be grand....

I am due to have a scan next week, nervous as I had one last week and they found the yolk sac, but there were no echos, so not sure if all okay or not, had a little bit of spotting but nothing more, am eating tons. They said that it was to early to tell how far gone I was and to see echos, but I am not so certain; I have mc before so know what to expect, although I don't want to again... they didn't seem concerned. but we shall see!!

Hope all is well with first trimesters and see you all soon... xxx

Hey, sorry to hear your lil girl has an ear infection, dont really know what to say on that but, hoping i can comfort you a little with the scan.
I previously have had a mmc, ectopic and mc, due to the ectopic I am entitled to an early scan to ensure baby is in the right place. My LMP was on 29th Nov 2011 so I went for an early scan on 12th Jan (when i should have been 6w+2 well all they saw was an empty sac (which at the time was an unconfirmed sac as it could have been a water "bubble" indicating another ectopic) I had to wait two weeks ad went for another scan on26th January where i should have been 8w+2, this time we saw baby and their hb and baby measured as 6w+5. The following day i had a slight bleed so went t othe drs and they booked me yet another scan on 30th Jan (where i should have measured 7w+2 from the previous scan) but my baby decided to have a major growth spurt and showed as 8w+2.

What I'm trying to say is don't worry about just seeing the sac, I know I did, but that was more for the fact that I was scared of another ectopic. My cycle is not regular but the last one prior to me falling pregnant was 32days, and if I work out the date by that length cycle, then my 3rd scan was spot on even though the one 4 days previous was showing a week and 4 days smaller :). Each baby grows at a different speed, thats why it is all done on estimates.

Really hope this has helped, sorry for blabbering on for so long (hehe). Congrats on your BFP and fx for a h&h pregnancy for you x x

I used to suffer with ear infections regularly until I was about 7. My parents bought this plastic hoop thing that rested just above my ears. Kept water out of eyes and ears, it was brilliant. Not sure how small your chiild is but I know I had it for as long as I can remember and it was used ntil i was 3/4 I think... It was sort of like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clippasafe-...TDNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329814593&sr=8-1 but went all the way around...this looks like it keeps it out of ears though. But as I found that one I'm sure a google would turn up others :)

Good luck with everything
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back