Poor OH doesn't realise what he's let himself in for

mrs_metal

Reaction score
My sister-in-law asked me to bake a cake for my nephew's 2nd birthday this saturday, she then asked me to make it an Iggle Piggle one and I don't even know what an Iggle Piggle looks like! I said I'm happy to make the cake, that's easy enough but wasn't sure about decorating it.
Hubby said to his Sis, Mum and Nan not to worry, he'll decorate it, after all how hard can icing be :lol: He has no idea, he's NEVER even made icing let alone decorated a whole cake.

So I'm getting the stuff tonight, I'll bake it tomorrow night and we'll see how he gets on with the decorating (I'll make sure I'm out of ear shot as I won't enjoy the language :rotfl: )

Just a quick question for any expert cake bakers out there, they requested a chocolate cake and I want a really light sponge so I was thinking of using 3 layers of swiss roll type cake, top and bottom layer chocolate with a vanilla layer in the middle then sandwich the layers with butter cream (and maybe jam too). What do you think, would that work?

Sorry, I have no advice on cake making, but you can tell your other half that if he messes it up to just scrape it off and shove a jar of Branstons in the cake and say he thought you said "Iggle Pickle".

MattM said:
Sorry, I have no advice on cake making, but you can tell your other half that if he messes it up to just scrape it off and shove a jar of Branstons in the cake and say he thought you said "Iggle Pickle".

:rotfl: :rotfl: typical male response!

to me that sounds lush but personally would leave the jam out of it, to many flavours, losing out on the chocolate which is the one thing they want!
good luck remeber to take pics!!

MattM said:
:rotfl: I'll tell him that, he'll love it :rotfl:

baby-storm said:
to me that sounds lush but personally would leave the jam out of it, to many flavours, losing out on the chocolate which is the one thing they want!
good luck remeber to take pics!!
Very good point, I'll leave out the jam :)

I've not seen my camera since we moved a year ago but I'll get someone else to take some pics for me

Igglepiggle%20Cake%20(Iggle%20Piggle%20Cake).jpg

DebbieM said:

OMG that cake looks fab, Iwuld love to be able to make that!!!! not sure it would turn out like that though :oops:

Good luck with the cake!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back