Poor lil miss

Squiglet

Reaction score
Lil miss has been running a temp since Sunday.... she had one last Monday but it wasn't bad... Well 6am yesterday it shot up to 39.5º but she was fine in herself although a little off her food... but otherwise happy. So we take her to the docs, who said it could be a urine infection... so they pop a sticky bag on her and we wait for her to pee... after half hour waiting she pees :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: ...they test it and it comes back ++for infection. But instead of just giving us antibiotics, they say we have to have a blood test and another urine test but as tomorrow (today) is a bank holiday, we'd have to go to the hospital... so off we go... they pop another bag on and we wait for lil miss to pee ...and we wait and we wait and we wait.... at 8pm she pees :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: it shows she has an infection and blood in her urine but then the say they want a sterile urine sample are going to extract it via a needle direct from the bladder,.... well I'm not having that!!!! :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: Thats barbaric... and the moment you refuse to do something in Spanish hospitals they become really unhelpful... they came and took lil miss away, took her blood without me... and I could hear her screaming and screaming...but they wouldn't let me go in... (I sat through 3 lumber punctures with Tia... a bit of blood is nothing :| ) I just wanted to be with my baby... no one would give lil miss meds to bring her temp down, but they gave it to two other babies admitted with temps...then we had to wait 2.5 hours for the results only to be told that there aren't any serious infections in her blood, but they have to wait for the urine culture to grow and to go home go back to our doctor on Thursday :shock: this was at 11:45pm... we hadn't been allowed to get food or drink since we went in at 7pm only to be sent away... I was so annoyed.... DH is going to put an official complaint into the hospital if her culture comes back ++ for an infection.

And worst of all it really stressed lil miss and shes such a tranquil little thing, friendly and sociable but now shes all clingy...AND she still has a temp... :cry: so I spoilt her and brought her a pocoyo toy and given her boob all day :)

aww bless her :hug: :hug: its like something from the dark ages isdnt it :wall:

:hug: :hug: :hug: for Lil Miss

I hope she feels better soon poor thing.

:hug: :hug: poor lil miss - and poor you guys too :(

hope she feels better soon xxx

lil miss is much better now, thank you everyone... just a bit clingy...well a lot clingy... on the up side I got to throw my dolly out my pram at the doctors with regards to lil miss' reflux and they prescribed her what I think is Ranitidine in translation... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: It helped that she vomited all over the doctor when she lifted her up... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: She tried to push the cereals in bottles again which is the done thing over here...but I insisted and lil miss helped... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

i'm so glad she is better :) :hug: its so horrible when they are sick and they just cling to you, and you feel helpless :(
I have to say Hayden had to have urine extracted in that way when he had his operation and i had to leave the room
i couldn't bear to look at then doing that to my baby! nasty! my mum and Haydens dad had to hold him down and he screamed..when i came back they both had tears in their eyes..it was so horrible!! :cry: :cry:
I don't blame you for saying no!!

awww hugs to lil miss !

and glad about the rantadine , i was gonna start sending u gaviscon if not lol

Poor little thing...that sounds awful.
Hope she is better soon. x

Oh Squig, that must have been so horrible for you all, poor lil miss. Please give her lots and lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: from me. Daniel sends a huge :hug: too.

Poor lil girl, big :hug: :hug: :hug: from me and Eva, and :cheer: at last for the reflux meds!

its deffo a urine infection... quite a bad one too... her temp went up again and we took her to the docs who confirmed the results from the hosp... got more meds for her including antibiotics... I just hope she don't get thrush now... :pray: :pray: :pray:

Awwww sorry to hear she isn't well :( Hope the meds work soon.

And :evil: to the Spanish medical system. Sounds an awful experience to have to go through at such a young age without Mummy there to comfort her. Hopefully given a bit of time she'll bounce back from it all.

OMG just read this, how awful for you both. I hope she feels better soon. and hugs to you both :hug: :hug:

Thank you everyone... shes not having a good time of it :cry: the antibiotics have given her diarrhoea and shes been really sicky. Shes just drinking and sleeping and whimpering with pain poor thing. We have to wait till Monday for her to see the doc and change her meds. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back