Lil miss has bronchiolitis.. :(

Squiglet

Reaction score
Shes had a cough for several weeks now. Tia brought home a cough and cold a while ago, and its been lurking around ever since... we've been back and forth to the doctor. Shes been off her food preferring warm, runny moosh to her normal finger foods... The doctor gave us some cough suppressant last week and it just made lil miss worse... :( Shes been ever so good though through it all and is in general good spirits but it was obvious she was struggling when she coughed and was so tired... She has this steroid inhaler she has to take for a week to help reduce the inflammation in her lungs. We have a spacer with a mask but OMG!!! Its an absolute nightmare... we have to sort of pin her down and she holds her breath the little mare bag :roll:

Does anyone have any tricks of getting her to have it? We've tried showing her its ok to use.... but its a definite two man job.

Sorry no tips just wanted to say i hope she is ok...poor lil miss :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes i have some tricks as imo hated hers 3 days ago and now takes it quite happily!

Get tia to hold it and play with it with lil miss. And get tia to pop it over her face and not press it but pretend too, pull the mask away and big smiles, laugh etc so lil miss thinks its really fun!

You do it as well squig with tia and lil miss, pop it on press it, count to 5 and pull it off and all will be inhaled. Let lil miss play with the mask and the inhaler, she shouldnt be able to press it as there quite stiff.

Hope my tips work for you, might take a few days but imo loves her 'mr puff puff' :lol:

Angel got one today for this cough she has and i just play with her with it a couple of mins then stick it on her face! Luckily i have experience from my nephew, who needs 40 pumps from 3 types on inhaler a day!

Jack had bronchiolitis at 4 months and was admitted so I know how awful it is :hug: H's got a chest infection now :roll: Always his poor chest. Anyway we have an inhalor and have tried everything wih the mask.. playing with it etc. Nothing has helped so it's a matter of pinning him down :( Not that I like that. It's awful. Hope little miss is better soon :hug:

:think: Hmmm I shall try getting Tia to play with it... I let her play with it earlier but she managed to nearly break the spacer.. :roll: but she loved the inhaler... :roll:

Squiglet said:
:think: Hmmm I shall try getting Tia to play with it... I let her play with it earlier but she managed to nearly break the spacer.. :roll: but she loved the inhaler... :roll:

It worked a treat seeing stephen take the inhaler and she saw no fuss from him, you could get tia to pretend shes taking it. I really hope it works squig cos it aint nice holding them down and watching them struggle :( hope lil miss gets better soon though

Awww poor girl :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for her. This worries me as Luke has a persistent cough too :(

oh poor lil miss... i hope you manage to get her to take the inhalor and that she improves quickly.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to all our poorly children :( :( :(

Hope had that thing for her face when she had bronchitis but she hated it too :hug:

Sorry to hear squig.

Are things better inhaler and spacer wise. What Mrstommo said was good advice. I've done this sort of thing with a couple of the children I've looked after who developed asthma due to a viral infection of some sort. Not long term asthma sufferers so just needing to use a spacer and inhaler for a short time till things got better. After a couple of days they were fine using it, one of them used to actually try to get it out of the cupboard and use it even when not needed :roll:

thank you girls...

Nope we have tantrums everytime... and the little moo has learnt to hold her breath.. while its impressive that a 9 month old has such abilities to be intelligent to hold her breath in such circumstances and her strong survivial instincts.. Its driving me bonkers.. :lol: :lol: :lol: ahhh I shouldn't laugh... but its so funny... Shes much better though today which I am very pleased about. Shes not struggling to breath all the time, and shes so much happier and active. :D and... no cough :) :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I didn't see this until now.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Lots of chesty, wheezy hugs to Lil Miss from SamSam :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back