Poop!!! Again...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Many of you may have seen my other thread about me apparently "over-feeding" Layla... according to the doc anyway, but having spoken to alot of you, it would appear that she is having the right amount if not less! :wall2:

Anyway, one of the other concerns that I had that then also turned into a concern for doc + HV was the fact that Layla has been having very "Dark Green" stools the last few days... also, there is the odd "explosive" one which is runnier but not diarhea (sp?) if that makes sense?

Any ideas? Things are leaning to the possibility that she may have a bug :-( xxx

cud be a bug, or sometimes it cud be the food has she had a lot of greens?? xxx

Well I thought it could be the food... normally when she has alot of the "orangey" veg her poop goes, well, more orangey lol and it was the same with the green veg... however, this has been constant green now for the last 3 days? Also, her poop is getting harder and harder now (almost like a plastacine kind of hardness/texture?) apart from that one (or two) explosive-y poop. Is that normal? I've also noticed that the explosive-y ones also tend to be after her milk too... generally breakfast and lunchtimes... don't know if there might be a link there??? She's on Aptamil by the way. I stopped breastfeeding a month ago... xx

in my opinion it sounds like she is a little constipated probs with change of milk and increased food etc etc, maybe tmi but surely poop will darken if its inside longer than it needs to be? try her with some pureed fruit today and try getting soem water into her see if shes just a bit bound up? also ive just been thinking how could lowering the amount of veg puree shes eating affect her weight?! cos theres like zilch fat in that?! :s MEN?!?! xxx

exactly - to the "men" comment lol...

Constipated... could be... although she is pooping an average of 3 times a day??? xx

but is she pooping as much as shes eating?? and also if all her poo is 'old' as in from a few days ago she would be pooing regularly but still myt need a clear out lol am i making sense? xxx

yes hun you are making sense... not though about the "old poop" so much... i'll make sure she has a fruit pudding for lunch and tea today rather than fromage frais... :) xx

yeah u cud try her with soya yoghurts also incase it is dairy?? i know everyone can use soya so wudnt do her any harm to try?! :) xxx

try one thing at a time or youll not know which worked haha!!! :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back