Now I am Panicking.... :-(

LMAO hun... that really made me giggle and put a smile on my face! Really don't know what I'd do without you guys, I really don't! xxx

:hugs: on a serious note tho HOW did people survive years ago without all the centiles and without lower calorie healthy food and without health 'professionals' sticking their nose in?!?! Mothers instict :) xxx

Oh I know hun. It's mental. I have to say I nearly lost it with OH on sun when he wanted give Layla ice-cream! cos of course the MIL and FIL were like oh it will be fine, she'll be fine etc... it'll be good for her gums anyway with her teething etc. It probably would be etc etc... Many mum's may give there babies ice-cream before the age of 1yr but I won't. And why is it the OH wants to feed her sweet stuff like that when we are out etc infront of other people making me look bad when I say no? Not ONCE has he fed her food in the house! GGGGrrr! Sorry... bit off topic there lol ;-) xx

We got told we were overfeeding joshy at 4 weeks old and that's why he was rushed to hospital. He wasn't and tbh I stopped listening to what they said about his weight. He's happy healthy developing really well so they obvs don't know crap (sorry I despise drs at my local hosp-not all just the ones we've seen). Turns out he had an intolerance to food so were way off. If layla is doing well then trust your instincts. Could she have reflux? Or an intolerance to food? Don't let them 'force' you in to anything you don't want to do regarding how you bring her up, which I KNOW is harder said than done when you're living with it! Stay strong layla will tell you when she's full howvere what I did read thw othe day (mebbe on here) is that it takes 10 mins for babies to realuise they are full.......maybe you could break her feed up?? Xxx hugs xx

aww dont blame u! and mil and fil rants need a whole frigging section off this forum on their own!!! im the same i dont let madison have crap (mainly because tbh she is a chubber which i dont mind but i dont want her being unnecessarily chubby) she doesnt even miss it and doesnt look for it all she wants is fruit etc so were good, but EVERYONE thinks its funny to give her chocolatre and biscuits ggrrrr see we need a new thread pmsl xxx

We got told we were overfeeding joshy at 4 weeks old and that's why he was rushed to hospital. He wasn't and tbh I stopped listening to what they said about his weight. He's happy healthy developing really well so they obvs don't know crap (sorry I despise drs at my local hosp-not all just the ones we've seen). Turns out he had an intolerance to food so were way off. If layla is doing well then trust your instincts. Could she have reflux? Or an intolerance to food? Don't let them 'force' you in to anything you don't want to do regarding how you bring her up, which I KNOW is harder said than done when you're living with it! Stay strong layla will tell you when she's full howvere what I did read thw othe day (mebbe on here) is that it takes 10 mins for babies to realuise they are full.......maybe you could break her feed up?? Xxx hugs xx

Aaawww sorry to hear that hun :-( But I know what you mean about docs etc. I've mentioned reflux before. I did wonder if that was what it could be but as soon as I mention reflux the docs here go on the defensive :-( They don't believe in it apparently and basically fob you off with the whole "oh its just positing" or "babies are sick its what they do" :-( I think the trouble is is that they don't feel anything is wrong because she's not in pain with any of it and she is gaining weight. That's why they don't see a problem. Just that now they've suddenly decided she is gaining too much too quickly! I just cannot win :-( As for intolerance etc, it could be... although all she's been having is literally fruit and veggies for the last 2 months :roll: :wall2: unless she has now got an intolerance to the milk? xx

aww dont blame u! and mil and fil rants need a whole frigging section off this forum on their own!!! im the same i dont let madison have crap (mainly because tbh she is a chubber which i dont mind but i dont want her being unnecessarily chubby) she doesnt even miss it and doesnt look for it all she wants is fruit etc so were good, but EVERYONE thinks its funny to give her chocolatre and biscuits ggrrrr see we need a new thread pmsl xxx

Tell me about it! You get all the stories of how they gave us this and that in the 80s and we all turned out fine! Gggrrr. There are reasons they tell you not to give cow's milk, ice cream etc until the relevant times etc etc. Not only was it ice-cream though it had strawberries in it too - something else she cannot have until 1yrs lol. I wish our OHs would actually listen to us or even just have a little read of what they should and shouldn't have etc. There is a time and a place to introduce the odd sweet treat to our kids etc. Each mum has their own views on when, but while Layla is enjoying her fruit and veg... why give her a sweet tooth un-necessarily??? That's what OH doesn't understand. It's like when he sits there eating 3 or 4 donuts and then moans a day or two later that he cannot do his damn trousers up lmao! Don't eat the sodding donuts then doh! :wall2: xx

Last edited:
It really sounds like reflux to me hun they said about positing with Maisie and it got so bad that i went back and she was just being sick the whole time and screaming etc and they sent me to A & E and they diagnosed reflux straight away. In the end mother knows best when it comes to their child xx

sorry to hear that hun. might have to push them on the reflux again then. damn docs :-( xx

OK.. I really don't get it. I cut down the veggie portion like doc said so Layla only had 3 cubes for lunch instead of normal 5. She posited a little bit in the 30mins after - not worried about that as that is supposed to be normal.

It's now almost 3 hours later and she has just been full on sick AGAIN. 3 times in the last 10 minutes. No soon as I've cleaned the mess and changed her bib - she's sick again. Any ideas? I'm getting really worried about this. She however seems oblivious to it and in no pain whatsoever. xxx

I wonder if maybe its because she so young for solids - I'm not criticising cos I started ella early too, just a thought! Is she sick if she just has milk? Maybe get back to the docs and tell them how long after she is sick too, id have thought it would be sooner than 3hrs if its because she was "overfed" xxx

oohoh, just seen she is nearly 6 months, I read your ticker wrong lol!

no worries Babybean! She's been fine on all veggies and fromage frais, cow and gate puddings and milk. She's been having 5 cubes of food for the last month easy I'd say with no problems. She tends to bring alot more up after she's had milk. But the shocker at the moment is this afternoon when she was sick 7 times in the space of 45 mins with about a 2-5 minute gap between each one. It also varies in quantity - sometimes can be more like a "posit" others are a "complete run down her clothes, me and onto floor" if that makes sense? ... :-( It can also vary in consistency too. Some of it can be very very watery with a colour tinge of orange (she had sweet potato for lunch) or it can be a bit thicker with "milky bits" in it. In my red book, it says that if they are sick more than twice in a few hours to consult doc. I did this yesterday and get told I'm over-feeding. She had no tea last night just her bedtime milk. She had half of what she would normally have for lunch. I'm going to skip her tea again tonight and just give her her bedtime milk again as don't want her to be sick again. I am wondering whether she has suddenly got a problem with the milk?

Another thing I've noticed is that normally she dribbles alot. This afternoon she had a rather dry mouth at one point. I try and give her water and she just "throws it away" not interested :-(

Am very very confused. She loves her food and now I'm being told to "take it away" so to speak :-( xx

Awww hun :-( not sure what to suggest. I hope layla feels better soon :hug:

thanks hunni... am waiting on a call back from doc to discuss xx

Hope the doctor can advise better Hun, could she possibly have a tummy bug? lots of them going about Atm x

thanks hun - yeah thats what i'm leaning towards now I think... still waiting for doc to ring :-( I just hope we can get to the bottom of this and quickly... xx

I've heard it all now... doc reckons that it's now wind. That she is sick-ing the wind up??? xx

Last edited:
thanks hun. i've put her down to bed now. taken an unusual 45 mins for her to settle... am taking her up to the surgery in the morning. It's not right. Plus I'd never forgive myself. also just to add... she had a much looser poop before bed too :-( really is looking like an infection or virus of some kind... :-( xxx

I have also just been told by MIL that there is a history of coeliacs and dairy intolerance on their side of the family... :-( I knew there wasn't something right... :-( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back