Now I am Panicking.... :-(

hey hon
hope it goes okj today and you get some answers. How is the little lady? Let us know how it goes x

hey hun thanks :) she seems a bit chirpier (sp?) today but because of the lack of food the last day or so, she has guzzled her milk this morning - all 8oz of it when she usually has 6oz and then I make her porridge with the remaining 2oz :-(... doc told me to leave her off food for 24 hours yesterday so no porridge this morning but am booked in for 10.30am to see a lady doc instead.... hopefully she will be more helpful :) will update later :) xx

I have also just been told by MIL that there is a history of coeliacs and dairy intolerance on their side of the family... :-( I knew there wasn't something right... :-( xx

She tells you this now? Oh my days, what about the bit at booking-in with the Midwife where they ask you about family medical history on his side as well as yours?

In general, I trust my OH but I will be asking his Mum and his Sisters if there's anything I need to know about their family medical history, they've all had babies so they must have be through all this!

Hope the surgery offer you some decent help hun, and that LO feels better soon Lxx

yeah Lander... the members suffering from it aren't "immediate" family hence why no one was bothered about it before.... :-(

Anyway... been to docs not that it was much use to be honest :-( saw a lady doc who said nothing wrong. what I am doing food wise is fine. she was shocked to hear other doc said no food for 24hrs and that I cannot do that as i'm basically going to be starving her for a day! Layla guzzled 8oz milk down this morning and was looking for more the poor girl. This Lady doc said she's not surprised cos I've been told to cut down on food when really no need to! All she did advise was that I stop giving Layla fromage frais and give her yoghurt instead and also to give her a teaspoon of natural yoghurt twice a day for the next three days to try and "settle" her stomach to avoid the episodes of sickness. If she is still being sick alot after that then they will go down the route of looking for whether she has a dairy intolerance at all... xx

That's good! Sounds like she was much better!!!! Just make sure you stick with her from now on x

yeah i guess it is good that she said to try something else rather than to stop feeding her! However she didn't know what "positing" was??? Apparently she's never heard of it before which is why I deemed it a bit "useless". Anyway, will give Layla a bit of natural yoghurt in a bit when she wakes up and see how we go with it. Only problem I have is that I've only been able to get the "Low Fat" one because the Tesco Express where we live only sell that :-( But it is really for the "live bacteria" in it that we are needing to give it to her so assuming it should be fine. Its not as if we need to get her to put on anymore weight at the moment! Plus I'm also guessing that if she is sick with that then she'd be even worse with full fat too in which case it could be a dairy problem that we are then looking at? xx

I wouldn't think your giving her too much Munchkin? I also have small icecube trays and Devon will have 5 cubes of savory and then onto 2 cubes of fruit or half a tiny petit filot youghrt pot, he will have milk 5 times a day, (don't know what hes having as BF), but feels like less than before weaning.

He will bring up a bit of foody /milk with wind, esp if he has fallen asleep feeding and so I haven't winded him straightaway, or when he's pooping , food will come up then everytime from his grunting/pushing etc!! Or when getting excited playing after lunch, even 1 hour later.

Don't feel bad , you sound like she has a great diet

Last edited:
thought I'd add a pic of Layla's weight growth chart just to see what you guys think? This is what the doc seemed to think was rather comical! xx

Attachments

• 2011-06-23 12.18.59.jpg
    2011-06-23 12.18.59.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 6
Looks like she's gone back up to just above the line she was born on. I saw a HV today to get Oz weighed and last time he went back up to his birth centile and today she said that's what she would expect and likes to see so I'd say that you have a perfectly healthy daughter who is thriving! xxxxxxx

aaawww, thanks Maria hun. I've been trying to get her back up to what she was having before the doc told me to halve her food etc. Didn't want to just cut it down one day and then suddenly be back to where we were if you know what I mean. Tomorrow she should be back to normal with food and be having her veggies AND pudding :)

Quite surprised at how well she's been taking the natural yoghurt too :) That's what the second doc told me to give her to try and settle her stomach. It seems to be doing the trick though... we've had less "sick" and not so much "dark green" poop :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back