poll: should we find out sex?

Lilypad

Reaction score
hiya!
we've got a 4d scan booked 4 sat and they can tell as babys sex at the same time, but we're not sure if we wanna know so was wondering what u guys think!
For: will be able to decide on name, buy things in colour and bond as either boy/girl
Against: b nice to have a surprise and mw say "its a ......."
we have decided that if we do find out we won't tell any family or friends.

I voted no!!! Have a surprise, it's great. I wanted OH to tell me first, and he looked so proud when he told me we'd had a son. And no matter how hard labour is you get a lovely surprise at the end.

I can understand why people do find out but I don't think I ever will - I loved not knowing until the birth.

For: will be able to decide on name, buy things in colour and bond as either boy/girl
I had no problem bonding despite not knowing the sex, bought a few neutral babygros (you receive so many clothes as presents!), and we picked a name for a boy and one for a girl.

:hug: I voted no, i found out i was having a boy my bf already had a girl from a previous relationship we both couldnt wait to find out, but part of me wishes i wouldnt of found out it does create more excitment. If i ever have another baby i will not being finding out the sex. In whole honestly i know its so hard you just want to find out, i really wouldnt find out. Or if you have a special holiday?/bday/anniversary get what it is wrote down on a piece of paper in an envelope by whoevers done the scan an open on it on your special day :hug:

I've voted yes but then that was me....so desperate to know and had the opinion that my surprise "it's a ....." would happen at 20 weeks or would happen at 40 weeks. I wanted to know and plan/prepare etc so opted to find out earlier. I have since bought many things I couldn't have otherwise but it's a personal choice. I think waiting is nice (if you can!!) but it's also nice to find out - the boy/girl surprise will happen either at the scan or the birth, either way you will have a nice surprise but knowing you can plan names/colours/clothes etc some what more appropriatley.

I put yes.But its personal opinion.Lots of us a while ago got told we were borning because we knew the sex etc.
But its up to you, i have foun personally its lovely knowing ehat you are having.You can really give your child a identity, a name and really plan out the nursery clothes etc.Theres nothing more lovely then being told what your having.I had a boy first time around and im having a girl now and its so so heart rending buying those first pink and blue items.Yeah you will get told to buy in neautralcolurs, but its boring!!!!

I was too impatiant to wait for the birth too.

Though id you can feel you can wait to find out what your bubs is at birth then do so, alot of people will tell you its great to find out what your baby is.

I have decided not to find out what we are having as it is our first...

If we are lucky enough to have a second then I think I may find out...

I think it's a personal choice ... and as that wasn't an option on the poll.. I haven't voted .:)

I didn't know with my first and was happy with either sex so long as baby was healthy.

I found out this time around due to an early CVS test (and my OH wanted to know) so I have known since 13 weeks I'm having another boy. I'm actually very happy about that and have been able to buy things in preparation for having a boy.

It's up to you and your OH really. I think knowing the sex but not telling friends or family will be quite difficult though. :think:

I voted yes but I think its a personal choice. We found out but thats because I'm far too nosey to not know :roll:

With my first i didnt know or have the option to know, this time round and because it was DH's first baby i gave him the choice either to find out or wait and after alot of talking and pro's and cons he wanted to know, i'm so glad he did as it really has helped ALL of us bond with this baby,
DD only wanted a sister and as we are having a boy thats kinda out the window, but she has had the last few months to get used to the brother idea now and is much happier about the whole situation after not talking to me for a few hours!

Personally i think it depends on both parents and if one wants to know and the other doesnt then you have alot of talking to do lol

Good luck tho babe hope LO is what ever you want it to be :hug:

maybebaby said:
I voted no!!! Have a surprise, it's great. I wanted OH to tell me first, and he looked so proud when he told me we'd had a son. And no matter how hard labour is you get a lovely surprise at the end.

I can understand why people do find out but I don't think I ever will - I loved not knowing until the birth.

I had no problem bonding despite not knowing the sex, bought a few neutral babygros (you receive so many clothes as presents!), and we picked a name for a boy and one for a girl.

Same here - OH really didn't want to know the sex and make it a surprise, and I was really annoyed about it but I've come round to the idea. It'd be nice to find out when it happens, makes labour worthwhile. We've got loads of stuff that's neutral, and people gave us vouchers instead of buying us things because they didn't know one way or the other. We've done the nursery and everything and it's all fine being neutral. I think too many people find out what they're having, spoils the fun lol :)

I voted no.

DH was mad kean to find out but I really didn't want to know. I want him to be the one to tell me once its been delivered.

It is definitely down to personal choice. But be careful I know of several people who were told they were having a girl at 20 weeks bought loads of pink stuff decorated a love girly room only to give birth to a boy!

I haven't voted because it is such a personal thing. We found out the sex at our 3D scan a few weeks ago and it has been really nice to be able to use his name and refer to him as "him" rather than "it". I'm glad I found out as I was sure it would be a girl and it has taken me a while to get my head round the idea of having a boy.

I voted no as we decided to keep it a suprise. I just coudnt decide whether to find out or not but the want for a suprise was greater that the want to know what colour clothes etc...

Part of me regrets it but there is nothing I can do now but wait. I think next time round i might find out

tangerinedream said:
I think next time round i might find out

I think baby #2 I would definately find out so we would know whether to keep the first baby stuff if it's the same sex, or get new stuff if it's different. But then I can't say as I haven't even had the first yet lol.

I really think it's so much nicer for your OH (or mum or whoever will be with you) to be able to tell you the baby's sex rather than a stranger in front of a screen!

Please don't take offence anyone who has found out, it's just my opinion. Have a surprise!

leckershell said:
tangerinedream said:

I think baby #2 I would definately find out so we would know whether to keep the first baby stuff if it's the same sex, or get new stuff if it's different. But then I can't say as I haven't even had the first yet lol.

Your already planning on another, you wont be saying that after having external and internal stitches and lochia for two weeks :rotfl: :rotfl:

mrs_tommo22 said:
leckershell said:
tangerinedream said:

Your already planning on another, you wont be saying that after having external and internal stitches and lochia for two weeks :rotfl: :rotfl:

not planning for straight away... maybe in a few years...

maybebaby said:
I really think it's so much nicer for your OH (or mum or whoever will be with you) to be able to tell you the baby's sex rather than a stranger in front of a screen!

Please don't take offence anyone who has found out, it's just my opinion. Have a surprise!

My OH told me what Seren was, it was such a perfect moment when he handed her to me saying we had a little girl.I am not going to find out with this one either. I found that as soon as Seren was born people bought loads of clothes for her so we had no worries about not having anything for her to wear.

Lilypad said:
hiya!
we've got a 4d scan booked 4 sat and they can tell as babys sex at the same time, but we're not sure if we wanna know so was wondering what u guys think!
Against: b nice to have a surprise and mw say "its a ......."
we have decided that if we do find out we won't tell any family or friends.

have a surprise! what does it matter what sex it is as long as its fit and healthy. going out shopping for the colour is the best bit of the whole pregnancy and birth :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back