Poll: Have you loved being pregnant?

Rosebay

Reaction score
I was talking to my DH the other day after he's met a friend of ours who'd had a baby and she was going on about how much she loved being pregnant. My sister in law and mother in law have said similar things although my Mum admitted that she found the pregnancy harder than the labour because of the whole body and mind experience (even though she didn't have any compilations).

I moan A LOT! Even though I have had an easy ride of it so far. I like the feeling of being kicked etc and I'm very excited about meeting my baby but I have to be honest and say that being pregnant has been one of the scariest and hardest things I've ever done because of the lack of control over your body and mind, the constant worrying and also I really hate being the centre of people's attention which you are when you're pregnant, even with strangers.

Am I unusually negative? We all moan on this bit of the forum but have you generally loved the experience? Will our opinions about pregnancy change once we have the baby and will we see it all differently?

I'm planning to do it all again if possible (God help my poor husband being at the mercy of my hormones again!) so it hasn't put me off as I can see the long view and totally think it's miraculous and worth it by the way!

Just wondered what you all thought!

+++

I love being pregnant,
e
I moan at the time about the aches and pains, heartburn, headaches and lack of sleep, but at the same time i have an inner peace.

Coby is due in Jan and by christmas we are planning to get pregnant again for the last time.

I am grateful to be pregnant as I have had a few miscarriages but I think because of the situation I'm in and the stress I've had throughout it hasn't really made it an enjoyable time for me. I'll have to see how I feel after she is born, just can't wait to meet her.

xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya

What a Good question. I enjoyed my other five pregnancies so much better than this one and only because I have turned into a paranoid worrier this time after a horrific miscarriage in Sept 2003.

Its such a shame because this baby is so much wanted and our little miracle but we have been scared to enjoy it. I have done everything in my power to make sure that I did not risk another miscarriage. Ate all the right things, havnt put on too much weight, stopped caffine, abstained from Sex, you name it we have done it and yet all the way through we have been terrified that something would go wrong. Now I am 37 weeks, and we have been told the baby is a good size I guess we do feel better but there is still the worry of the birth now. Because of my age and clotting problems I have been carefully monitored more than most but still I panic over the slightest things. :0)

I think I may finally relax when I am holding that little bundle safely in my arms.

(then again will I ??? will I then turn into a paranoid mother !!)

Ragna xxx

im jus fed up from like 28wks as i get sooooooo big i cant move lol!
but i love the first parts defo!! and the end wen got bubs!!

I've enjoyed little bits of it like feeling the first kicks and seeing the scans, but overall I've not enjoyed this experience much. I am happy I'm creating a new life and find it magical, but with everything that has happened so far I spend my whole time worrying now. Going grey at 19 :?

I've enjoyed the nice bits like the scans and feeling baby kick and hearing her heartbeat. It is wonderful to know that we have created a new life, and I really can't wait to meet her now. Yet at the same time it feels like my body has been taken over and I have had all the nasty niggles that come along with pregnancy and I defintley haven't enjoyed those!! It hasn't put me off yet though and I think I will be doing it again :D :D

I have loved the attention from the DH and others and it really is a wonderful feeling having your own child inside you, a real miracle.

I have been lucky in that I've had no complications and no sickness.

But...........

I feel like I have been pregnant forever!!!!!! It is such a huge total body experience, that just seems to go on and on and on! I don't mean to sound ungrateful, as I do feel very very blessed. But it's quite hard work! Just walking half a mile wipes me out and leaves me in pain, and this is only going to get worse. yikes! :shock: :shock:

I've got a hideous varicose vein which I have nicknamed valerie, and I am just sooooooooo hairy! I also hate my thighs for the first time in my life. (especially after I was looking through photos with my mates on sunday of what I looked like on my hen night and my honeymoon, and I realised just how much my whole body has changed, not just my tummy)

Surprisingly, I am not worried about the labour at all. To me, labour seems so much easier and quicker than the whole nine months of being pregnant. Bring it on!

At the moment I am feeling fat, tired, unattractive and achy. Cannot say I love being pregnant! Looking forward to meeting my baby and resuming a normal relationship with DH and food and doing Weight Watchers. Can't believe I am looking forward to going on a diet!!
Don't resent my pregnancy as it's giving us a much wanted daughter, but will be glad when it's over with. Although it all seems to be happening so fast now!

Lol Sarah - Valerie is a lovely name for any Varicous Vein :lol:

I've loved being pregnant apart from the pelvic pain.

I don't mind any of the sickness, stretch marks, tiredness and fatness, but I do hate not being able to do things - like walking up stairs, putting my shoes on without going blue in the face, and getting in and out of the car without screaming - because of pain.

I love my big tummy and I love feeling the baby wriggling.

I must admit that I have just begun to feel ever so slightly nervous about labour which I haven't before :? Ah well, she's got to come out so there's not much I can do.

I must admit after a very slight taster of labour pain I did become rather nervous about what lay ahead, but I'm now back to being prepared for the pain (till it really starts again I guess!!)

Rosieroo!

You havent half made me smile this morning - your post echos exactly my thoughts -

I too am looking foward to getting back some normality. My diet (and not just losing weight diet - but healthy eating in general) has gone completely out of the window, all I want is junk food, and I miss mine and D/H 'normal' relationship - I feel a bit awful at the moment because I dont own a Libido at the minute! :lol: - and havent done for about 2 months now - I feel really bad about it - but I cannot force myself to do something I really dont want to do. D/H is being very good about it, but I feel awful - as I know men can feel left out when their other half is pg anyway.

On the whole, if Im honest - ive not enjoyed being pregnant with various scares in the first trimester resulting in scans to check I hadnt miscarried and then a colleague of mine turning up at work with shingles (and the dotor not having any records of whether I have had chicken pox etc etc) and more recently having to make another appointment to go back because my placenta is in the wrong place, have made it all a bit stressful. I feel fortunate though as I know there are a lot of women who have had it far worse than me - but still, it gets you down sometimes.
Then there are days like today when I am off work cos I feel rough, like I have a cold coming - really dry throat and general aching but cant really take lemsip or something - and if I did take paracetomol I would only worry about it so all im doing is laying in bed wishing it away!

The plus side of it though is: The 20 weeks scan where I saw my little girl properly for the first time, wriggling away :D :D :D, Not having to hold my belly in at all times lol, not having to mow lawn, lift or carry heavy things, buy nice baby clothes etc - so i guess when she is here I will definalty think it was all worth it!!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back