Pointless symptom spotting - why do we do it?

Kittykins

Reaction score
Ok, ok, I'm 4 dpo, even if I was going to be pregnant this cycle, I'm def not pregnant yet. I know this - but why does DH have to burst the bubble all the time?! Why can't he just humour me?!

I woke at 4.30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. When DH got up, I was filling in the temp on my FF chart. He saw my 'signs' and :rotfl: :evil:

He then went through them all and said 'your stitch-like cramp when running this morning - it was a stitch. If you're gassy, what do you expect after eating bean soup for lunch? Fatigue, when you've woken up at 4.30 two mornings in a row - duh!'. I know he's right, but still - I wanted to hope! :cry:

Anyone else get the same reaction from their DH?

Yes, my DH is the same. The last couple months, he was really kind of rude about it. I already felt bad for symptom spotting and he just made me feel worse. I ended up having to symptom spot in secret or with you ladies. :wink:

I hope you get your BFP this month!

my DH can be worse than me - "Are your nipples looking different?" :shock:

Different than what exactly? :rotfl:

Hi,

My DP really doesn't want to know about symptoms - he just says "ooh, you're the same every month" and if I say "No, it's definitely different" he'll say, "but you say that every month".

I think he's just trying to confuse me - I'm sure I can't be that bad!!! :lol:

Next month I am going to chart them all down so I have a comparison!!! Oh maybe that is going a little bit far!!! :shakehead:

We all need that little bit of hope, don't we? Even though it may be in vain.
I chart, symptom-spot and check dates in secret as I know what the reaction will be make it common knowledge :wall:

I even have to wait in bed until DH has gone to work or into the shower to take my temps :rotfl:

and then he goes and shocks me when I go to the doctors last month by asking me if I was going for a Pregnancy test? :oops:

libs said:
my DH can be worse than me - "Are your nipples looking different?" :shock:

Different than what exactly? :rotfl:

LOL :rotfl:

My OH hates it when I mention an ache or pain, he says 'Do you think you're pregnant then?' I say no, its with carrying around an 18lb Isaac all day :lol: I usually just do lots of test, to ease the sympton spotting :wink:

This does sound just like my DH!
He loves to burst my symptom spotting with his rational analysis of everything! :shakehead:
I just want to be an emotional wreck and THINK I'm pregnant, it's more fun than admitting you have PMS...but NO!

I don't think my DH does emotion, let alone excitement. He just wouldn't understand :rotfl:

You know, I asked him the other day if he actually really wanted a baby and he replied 'well, it is a natural biological impulse'! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I asked him if he'd be excited if I got pregnant (I've never seen him excited about anything, so I was curious) and he said he'd be cautiously pleased...

I think my DH humours me. After 10dpo I ask him every night if my boobs and nipples look different and a different colour and he either says yes or don't know :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kittykins said:
I don't think my DH does emotion, let alone excitement. He just wouldn't understand :rotfl:

You know, I asked him the other day if he actually really wanted a baby and he replied 'well, it is a natural biological impulse'! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I asked him if he'd be excited if I got pregnant (I've never seen him excited about anything, so I was curious) and he said he'd be cautiously pleased...

Sounds familiar, I have a similar situation here (must be their age) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back