PND, AD's And TTC

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by nefisher, Sep 14, 2008.

1. nefisher

nefisher Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with PND in June and am on 225mg of venlafaxine. We are thinking of trying for another baby and I will be making an appointment to see my GP for advice, but was just wondering whether anyone has tried for a baby whilst on AD's and their experience.

2. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience of this but I do know that there are AD's that are safe to take whilst pregnant. Not sure about the one you're on though. Definately ask your gp about it.
    Good luck ttc! :)

3. Sammystar

Sammystar Well-Known Member

I was on an AD called paroxetine when I decided to ttc number 3. My doc changed me to Fluoxetine which she said was safe when TTC and for the first two trimesters of the pregnancy.

I know people who've been on ad's throughout a whole pregnancy though. :hug:

4. CoreysMummy

CoreysMummy Well-Known Member

Speak to your GP... I dont know about breastfeeding and AD's if you were planning on BF of course..! But as MM said I know there are a few that you can take while up't duff :)

Good Luck with TTC...

5. debecca

debecca Well-Known Member

TTC with PND? Gosh you're brave. I'm struggling to see the end of each day let alone plan for a 9-month stretch!!!

Best of luck hun :hug:

As someone else said I think Fluoxetine is OK in pregnancy though obviously it's best to come off them if you're well enough. Fluoxetine is also a generally good AD I think. I liked it. Until I got Rash of Doom :doh:

6. nefisher

nefisher Well-Known Member

Thanks girls!! Debecca - not sure if I'm brave or stupid!!!!! :D

7. sparky

sparky Well-Known Member

i was on fluxotine when i fell for Isla and we'd been trying on it, the doc wasnt concerned!

Managed to get off it myself by 8 weeks! :dance: