• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Please urgent Help

beth3735

Reaction score
My little Girl is in bed crying and sounds like she is unable to breathe. She was 2 in April, I have brought my girls down to my parents to look after my parents dog. Im not sure if the dog licking my girls fingers/face while i try to stop it could have anything to do with my little girl. She is coughing and when she does she sounds really horsey and like its hard to breathe back in. She starts crying as if coughing hurts her. Im not sure if its the dog, or if its something else Im so upset i hate seeing my little girls not well.

I am such a paranoid mum and keep checking her as i think she will stop breathing. I dont know whether to get her checked or see how she gets on
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think you should call an out of hours dr asap or get her to your local A&E. If it is an allergic reaction it needs to be treated quickly, plus if it is to the dog getting her out of the same room as it will help massively.

Aw how is she today?

I would have said to call NHS direct first, they are great, also if you think if may have been the dog you could always give piriton or similar, if nhs direct said it was Ok to.

Hope she's ok

NHS said last night it sounded like croup. The dr today at hospital said its prob an allergy to the dog. He sent her home with a spray type thing to help her breathe at night. Thank you for all your advise, It is so horrible and worrying when your baby isnt right. I know she is 2 so not much of a baby anymore but they are so defenceless at this age.
She is going back to the dr tomorrow to test her lung function to see if her airways have opened more :hug:

Hi thank you for all your support.

My little one is still suffering but been told it should calm down after today and settle into more of just a normal cough for a week.
Im just hopig what they say is right as she has suffered enough now
:lol: Its time for her to be happy again

If in doubt, check it out! especially breathing. Thank god for vapour rub in our house over the winter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back