Please help..... Im desperate

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Posted yesterday about being worried bout my state of mind recently... Long term sufferer of depression and anxiety and I've woken up this morning feeling terrible... I know I need to see my GP but as it's the weekend I would have to wait til Monday and I honestly think thats too late... The nearest "out of hours" to me is the hospital and I don't know what they would say/do... Should I wait? Go to the hospital? I don't know!! :cry:

My OH is still asleep and I'm not sire what to tell him when he wakes up....

I'm scared of myself, and what I might do...

I don't want to hurt my baby but I feel so much resent towards them right now... Like this is their fault!!

I've just about had my depression under control for a few months, and now with all the pregnancy hormones....

Please??

hi hon, I didn't want to read this post and not send you a massive big :hugs:

It sounds like you already know you should go to the hospital. It doesn't matter what they think (they see alot of unusual situations, so please don't worry. Also, there is NOTHING wrong with suffering depression - ALOT of people, and pregnant women have to combat this medical disease).

I would suggest you wake your other half and go to the hospital.

Should you like, I would also suggest calling Tommy's pregnancy midwife hotline http://www.tommys.org/Page.aspx?pid=308 (0800 0147 800). It is a free charity service that have excellent midwives on call 24/7. They might be able to advise what other assistance you can seek.

Good luck, stay strong and either call Tommys or seek out hospital assistance asap. :hugs: Let us know how you get on.

Hope your ok hun, I would def wake your OH, even just chatting to someone can lift your mood xx

Thanks to both of you... I was crying and that woke my OH up. He told me to go back to bed and have a cuddle. I did and drifted off for a bit, feel a bit calmer and more rational now, will see how things go and will probably go up the hospital a little later on. Thank you again. xx

Awww hun i am sorry your are feeling like this...i went on a bit of a down before and during your stage but the further on you get the better it gets. I really think you should go see someone right away even if you are feeling better now. Hope your ok xxx

Thank you, OH had a rough night as he's been ill so I'm letting him sleep it off... But as soon as he wakes up (and loses the morning strop!!) I'm going to head to the hospital... Now I've been awake a while and my brains started working again not feeling as rational as I did a little while ago :/ xx

You may feel good now but it might come back, so your doing the right thing in going to the hospital...let us know how it goes. Chin up...pregnancy is overwhelming and scary. I went through a faze of thinking i don't want this baby, now i can't believe i thought like that for a second. Trust me it gets easier xxx

Glad your feeling a bit better now, it's amazing what some sleep and a cuddle can do isn't it! Anyway always here if you need a chat or a rant xx

Last edited:
Hi HeppiBean, how are you today? Hope you're feeling better? x

Much better thanks, just very tired :( (cause of the walk last night lol)... I spoke to the mw at the hospital while I was there and she said that being pregnant it's expected for me to feel down because of the hormones but obviously my history of depression has made it harder... Basically I got to stay strong til I see the MHmw on the first.
Thanks for asking :D
How are you today?? xx

Aha are you the lady that walked for 6 hours?! I'd defo be tired too haha I'm glad you're feeling a good bit better today huni :) x

I too suffer from depression and anxiety and completely understand that everyday is a constant struggle to exist never mind adding the hormonal ups and downs of pregnancy to it. You're doing the right things by talking to the MWs and your OH and of course us gals on here. I always find that a bath or walking my doggies helps (ya know, ME time) but its a blooming battle with myself to run the bath sometimes never mind venture out for a walk haha

Anytime the OH is a-snoozing or something, log in and rant/vent away huni. But I'm really glad that you're having a good day. Sending huggles your way x

Ha ha, yehh I am it was LONG! lol
I agree with you there, and you soo have to grab the good days when they swing your way :)
Thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back