PLEASE HELP AT MY WITS END!

hannahbet20

Reaction score
right my boys are 2 and 3 and a half and the can both climb my stairgates without anything to stand on they can hoist themselves over ive tried moving them up as far as they will go but they can still do it at bed time i shut the stairgate so they can woner around upstairs they dont like having the door shut and i couldnt shut them in they have a plug in nightlight but particularly my 2 year old climbs out after ive put him to bed sneaks in the bathroom or in our room i put him back he does it again and i have stairgates on the stairs but they climb these too which is really agrivating what can i do? its dangerous and im not sleeping very well because im worried he will climb out of his room and topple down the stairs or something.

anyone had this problem or is it just my monkeys and any suggestions.
i spoke to the health visitor when molly was born but she had no idea.

Can they climb down the stairs on their own ok?

If so I'd proberly say to take the stair gates off at least then it reduces the chance of them falling over the stairgate when climbing on and then falling down the stairs.

I had to do this with my boys when they were about the same age as they could climb over theirs.

if not how about getting a dog stairgate they are normally taller so harder to climb over.

xSuzx

My friend has a really tall safety gate, i think it's a lindam one, but it comes up to about elbow height. Buy one of those and cover it in vaseline :wink: :lol:

urchin said:
My friend has a really tall safety gate, i think it's a lindam one, but it comes up to about elbow height. Buy one of those and cover it in vaseline :wink: :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl:
I agree, either a taller one, or none at all! Or a big mesh one?

We had a tall Lindam one when Jess was a baby and it worked great. I think it was actually a dog gate.

Oh, my friend has it for her dogs so that would make sense.

I think this must be it, it's 108cm high.

clicky

thanx every one ill think ill get one of the dog ones i havent been sleeping very well worried they would climb out because they have before on a few accasions in the night i was thinking of the mesh ones but im not sure if they still would be able to climb it so i think the tall one would work, they can climb down stairs properly but i never leave them to do it on thier own so i think ill get some new stairgates god its going to look like a prison in my house lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back